CBR1100XX.org Forum

temp on 2002 xx

frankenstein4x4

make the rear tire not unsafe and ride it.

I have to put new tires on it but right now i am just checking it over to make sure i want that one.

OHHHH I didn't get it figured out that it's a prospective purchase, sorry.

Yeah, that seems to be pretty normal. The FI Birds seem to run *a little* warmer than the carbed. I don't know the exact temp of my 97 (it has a cold-hot gauge) but it goes to the top half when running in non-moving traffic. Get into second gear and it drops back down to the bottom half right quick.

Got a 99 and I watch my needle stay right around the end of the sweep on the gauge, right under hot. Only time I ever boiled over was when I lost a fuse...

My fan doesn't come on until 219 f. For a long time, I thought it was broken. Sitting in the garage idling, the temp will soar.

The water pump doesn't move much water until the revs are over 4,000. When the temp goes up, just take it to 4K, and the temp will go back down.

My fan doesn't come on until 219 f. For a long time, I thought it was broken. Sitting in the garage idling, the temp will soar.

The water pump doesn't move much water until the revs are over 4,000. When the temp goes up, just take it to 4K, and the temp will go back down.

Yep. When hot and sitting in traffic I'll hold the throttle around 2500 to move water and help keep the charging system from getting too far behind with the fan running.