CBR1100XX.org Forum

Anyone got one of these?

spEEdfrEEk

TJ, on my previous bike ( CB1100F ) I installed an air/ fuel ratio gauge...ordered the O2 fitting online, went to O'Reillys and picked up a heated Bosch sensor...3 wire, and an Autometer A/F gauge. Welded the fitting onto the collector and installed the setup.

It really helps to verify jetting. I permenantley mounted the gauge to the handle bar...you can read settings will riding, and check each circuit of the carbs under real conditions.

How would you hook this up to your dual exhaust...you need a common point to read all 4 cylinders?

Porter

I had to do some searching around, but I finally found a price. It's just under $200.00 for the surface mount version. I think it would be a great way to help you tune your bike for real world conditions. Dyno testing will help you get max HP at full throttle operation, but this would be great for setting up your mid range, and to optimize your A/F ratio for those cruising speeds where you do most of your riding.

How would you hook this up to your dual exhaust...you need a common point to read all 4 cylinders?

You could either mount on the collector and get all 4 cyls, or (if you are really anal) put a sensor on each pipe, and use a switch to check each cylinder.