CBR1100XX.org Forum

Changing to all LED blinkers

jon haney

I know that I will need to wire in a resistor to keep the blinking rate down to a reasonable speed.

How many ohms and how many watts/amps should the resistors be?

It's okay if the blink rate is a little faster.

I know that I will need to wire in a resistor to keep the blinking rate down to a reasonable speed.

I have all LEDS and fixed the problem by installing something like this,

clickey

it looks exactly the same. simple easy no fuss just replace the stock flasher relay.

I have all LEDS and fixed the problem by installing something like this,

clickey

it looks exactly the same. simple easy no fuss just replace the stock flasher relay.

+1 don't bother with the resistor, they unload a lot of power as heat(need all the W we can get on the XX). Not worth the headache if you are doing more than one bulb.

Okay, "In for a penny, in for a pound" I guess. Either one of you guys know if the connector is the same as a Suzuki SV650?

Are you asking if the Suzuki SV650 turn signal connectors are teh same as the Honda Blackbird?

My bet would be, "No". Different generation SV650 have different connectors, in-line resistors for LED turn signal rate correction should just be crimped in-line.

I do like the relay replacement method:

clickey

Okay, "In for a penny, in for a pound" I guess. Either one of you guys know if the connector is the same as a Suzuki SV650?

uh no. sorry.

I asked the question cause I'm doing both bikes, so I will need two flashers. I'll check out the one from Clear Alternatives also.

Thanks guys.