CBR1100XX.org Forum

Removing, installing, balancing tires

BlueBlackBird

Im taking the plunge, just recieved my PR2's from Petes Superbike in Montreal, researching the net and this forum to remove, install and balance them. Im setting up the "stuff", the question I have is :? Does anyone change the valve stem when replacing tires? and if so, what is the size(diameter) of the hole and/or valve stem. Steel ,rubber? is it a simple push and poke procedure? Thanks

See you at NeXXt or is it NExxT, or NEXXT?? or neXXt; ad infinitum? no there is a finite end to this!!

Im taking the plunge, just recieved my PR2's from Petes Superbike in Montreal, researching the net and this forum to remove, install and balance them. Im setting up the "stuff", the question I have is :? Does anyone change the valve stem when replacing tires? and if so, what is the size(diameter) of the hole and/or valve stem. Steel ,rubber? is it a simple push and poke procedure? Thanks

See you at NeXXt or is it NExxT, or NEXXT?? or neXXt; ad infinitum? no there is a finite end to this!!

I always replaced the valve stems when I replaced my tires. It's cheap at $1 a piece as I don't want it to split then caused an instant deflation. Size? I have no clue. I bought a 10-pack motorcycle rubber stems from www.nomartirechanger.com.

I cut off the old one, then use a valve stem install tool to pull the new one in.