CBR1100XX.org Forum

Wiring problem

Flash987

I removed the sub frame along with the rear fender to repaint, clean etc. All was going just fine on reassembly with no missing or extra parts. All was good until I tried to start the bike, the FI light stayed on, which I know means trouble. I checked all the connections and moved the fuse block, relays, wiring harness ,etc around, tired again, the FI light went off after I turned the key on like normal and it started. Thought that fixed it, but after I went back and finished tucking in the wires blocks etc and was ready to put the seat and rear cowling back on I tried to start the bike again and son-of-a-bitch the damn FI light stayed on the engine wouldn't start. Everything looks good and all the electrical components work including the engine turning over. When I turn the key on I can hear that none of the relays are getting juice and I imagine that is why the FI light stays on and it won't start.

Any ideas where to look for the source of the problem. Maybe I pulled a wire loose or shorted out something.

Previously the BB had no problems and it ran great.

I learned which one of those relays under the seat and next to the battery is the tip-over switch. The one with the word "UP" on it. After f***'n around with the wiring and checking all the connections I noticed the arrow and the UP word on the tip-over switch and realized I had it in upside down. Arrrgggg, I'm and idiot. Well at least I learned more about the BB.