CBR1100XX.org Forum

FS Carozzeria Wheels - SOLD!

Due to a need to raise a bit of cash, I've decided to go back to my stock wheels and sell off my Carozerrias.

For sale are front and rear Carozzeria wheels, anodized yellow. The rear wheel picked up a dent, but was professionally straightened and is true.

These are the 2nd generation wheels, with cast rear sprocket carrier and spacers between the bearings, so you can tighten the wheel to spec with no worries about trashing the bearings. They will need dust seals, though.

Included is a 44t Sidewinder Tri-Metal rear sprocket.

$850 + shipping.

caroz1.jpg

caroz2.jpg

caroz3.jpg

caroz4.jpg

If the sprocket pictured is the one included, it's not a Vortex, it's a Sidewinder Tri-Metal. Much better than anything Vortex sells (speaking to longevity, anyway) and considerably more expensive.

Just sayin' :icon_wink:

If the sprocket pictured is the one included, it's not a Vortex, it's a Sidewinder Tri-Metal. Much better than anything Vortex sells (speaking to longevity, anyway) and considerably more expensive.

Just sayin' :icon_wink:

Whoops.. you are correct... I'll update the original post...

I'll give you $3 bucks for the blue rag and the spray paint can top..??

do we have a deal???

You betcha.. Should I bring them to NeXXt??

Sweet deal. What's the weight savings by using these?

I haven't put both on a scale to measure them, but from the group buy thread:

http://www.cbr1100xx.org/forums/index.php?...wheel&st=20

Total weight savings is supposed to be 8 lbs vs stock. Note that this is unsprung weight, so it makes the whole bike feel lighter and more flickable, and you will notice it when you get on the throttle, too.

Hobie, is the rear wheel 5 1/2" or 6" wide?

Great price BTW...about half of current list...

Good luck with the sale and a bump for the short guy...

Good question!

It's the 6" variety, so it takes a 190 tire instead of the stock 180.

Sweet deal. What's the weight savings by using these?

A hair under 5lbs in back, and a similar hair under 2lbs in front for bare wheels (no cush or discs). I had a chance to weigh and compare when I had my Carozzerias and Tom's stockers powder coated at the same time.

Unsprung rotating weight, which is huge. You can definitely feel a difference in the handling of the bike.

There is a time I would have jumped all over this.

But now it would cost me too many crack... er track days. :icon_redface:

nice wheels

wanna trade?

Thanks for the offer, but polished wheels are too much work. I used to have chrome and got tired of spending time on my knees with a windex bottle. Hobie's are perfect as they come dirty, and might look sweet powder coated black.

wanna trade?

Thanks for the offer, but polished wheels are too much work. I used to have chrome and got tired of spending time on my knees with a windex bottle. Hobie's are perfect as they come dirty, and might look sweet powder coated black.

I've already PM'd Rickrad with questions about anodizing (Black Chrome)

These are sold... Enjoy your wheels, Cal!

Thanks Rich. Where should I shop for Wave rotors? The stockers won't fit correct?

Stockers will fit fine. The rear sprocket is a ZX-12 form factor, but the stock rotors will mount up without a problem.

Thanks Rich. Where should I shop for Wave rotors? The stockers won't fit correct?

Stockers will fit fine. The rear sprocket is a ZX-12 form factor, but the stock rotors will mount up without a problem.

He has 97-98 front rotors.

I may know who has a set of wave rotors.

He has 97-98 front rotors.

I may know who has a set of wave rotors.

I'm interested.

Tell me please.