CBR1100XX.org Forum

Fricken Pissed

XXNUTZ

I was putting my 'bird back together from one issue and noticed another major issue...the rear/inner brake pad was making contact with the rim...wtf?!...so I took it apart to find out that the caliper bracket was missing a retainer clip that keeps the metal part of the pads from rubbing the aluminum bracket...after time and use the aluminum got so worn out that the pads shifted down and the inner pad rubbed about a 1/4 inch gouge in the rim...FUCK!!!...somebody must have put brakes on it before I bought it and forgot to put the retainer back in causing some serious damage...I need the bracket and a rim...ebay has some but I need the money to fly out my ass so I can get it fixed to keep riding this year...FUCK!!!!!!!!!!

I was putting my 'bird back together from one issue and noticed another major issue...the rear/inner brake pad was making contact with the rim...wtf?!...so I took it apart to find out that the caliper bracket was missing a retainer clip that keeps the metal part of the pads from rubbing the aluminum bracket...after time and use the aluminum got so worn out that the pads shifted down and the inner pad rubbed about a 1/4 inch gouge in the rim...FUCK!!!...somebody must have put brakes on it before I bought it and forgot to put the retainer back in causing some serious damage...I need the bracket and a rim...ebay has some but I need the money to fly out my ass so I can get it fixed to keep riding this year...FUCK!!!!!!!!!!

I don't think I have a clear picture of what happened there, but if you're looking for a rear wheel, I have one with the sprocket carrier and cush-drive rubbers that I will sell for $75. The finish has a few minor scraches, but nothing that couldn't be sanded and repainted or powder-coated. Let me know if you want it.

I've got a stack of calipers sitting in my gayrage from Byrdman. I'm supposed to get them to Aurora... but I bet if you needed a clip it could be arranged. It will, however, have to wait till I get home next Saturday.

I have a couple of rear brake assemblies they are not promised to anyone and if you want it it is yours cheap. $20 + cost of shipping sound fair??? PM me if you want it...

Wow peeps, I'm feeling the love here for sure...I have some pics so you can see what the hub bub is about...my bike tech neighbor told me that the rim is pretty thick there I should be able to put a new bracket and retainer clip on it and ride until I can afford a new rim...which I'm working on...selling some stocks I think...cheers.

P.S. I will definately keep these parts you all have in mind, thank you thank you thank you.....

P.S.S. Just so everybody knows, all I really need is the bracket and the retainer clip for the pads that sits in the bracket, everything else is OK, except the rim which I may just let slide for now...

post-6187-1248669852.jpg

post-6187-1248669873.jpg

post-6187-1248669909.jpg

Update...there are still some Angels in this world that come out of nowhere to help someone out they have never met...A huge thanks to hammerandtongs (aka Dan) from the .com site, if he's not on here...he had a caliper bracket that he was not using and sent it to me out the kindness of his heart...thanks also to those on here for their input...my 'bird should be rolling again soon...cheers.

Well, got her fixed up today and she's flyin' happy again...thanks again for everybody's input...I put up a pic of the new vs old and the damage from not putting in the pad reatainer in the bracket...cheers.

post-6187-1249272981.jpg