CBR1100XX.org Forum

Stator question

TLstreak

My stator went out on the 929.

No biggie, until I started reading different threads on buying aftermarket models. I have already ordered one, just curious if anyone. Which I know there are members here that have used aftermarket.

The aftermarket model RMstator or Electorsport being the common 2.

Did it work and if so for how long.

They came with a 1 year warranty, and OEM seems to be the cure for recession according to the price tag?

My stator went out on the 929.

No biggie, until I started reading different threads on buying aftermarket models. I have already ordered one, just curious if anyone. Which I know there are members here that have used aftermarket.

The aftermarket model RMstator or Electorsport being the common 2.

Did it work and if so for how long.

They came with a 1 year warranty, and OEM seems to be the cure for recession according to the price tag?

Thought I saw a couple for sale on fireblades.

954's

929 doesnt take the same thing. The 2 years they made it and not long enough to create a good solid aftermarket apparently. Other than exhaust and few things. Its kinda a PITA to find good quality parts for it.

Not too big on buying a used stator that apparently has electronic issues late in life.

Order one from Ricks

http://www.ricksmotorsportelectrics.com/pr...25DQlI5MjlSUg==

IF you want, you can call Madison Motorsports at 608 221-1000 and they'll have a damn good discount off the list price, and they'll ship it to you and bill you actual shipping. Might be a bit cheaper, but it might take a little bit longer to get. If you call, tell'm you heard about them from me (Richard Petty). Won't get you a bigger discount, but it does let them know I'm sending them business.

Thanks, I ordered one direct from ricks already. Im a little worried it wont last though. I did a search and read almost as much bad as I did people ordering, but I guess I have to assume that some of them worked because I didnt see a follow up later complaining about it.

• 3 weeks later...

Well ok I ended up with an RMstator. Which was just as bad as the one I removed new. As a matter of fact It never made it to mounting onto the bike. Sent it back under warranty 2 weeks ago and nothing. I tried calling again and no answer or response. Had to contact by email last time too because they dont answer the damn phone.

I paid using paypal so ive had to revert to logging a disput, which IMO is a sad sad way to get a company to respond. I going after a 100% refund now and am tired of dealing with them. Have a new stator ordered now from a small company from Ohio, will let you know how that works out.