CBR1100XX.org Forum

Seat lock actuating mechanism

rockmeupto125

Does anyone recall seeing a device, either aftermarket but most probably on another vehicle, bike or car, that might replace our key actuated rear seat lock, and instead supply a simple knob to turn and pull the latch release cable? I'd want it to mount in the same hole as the lock, so it would need to be close to the same size. I've looked around a bit with no results, and am guessing this type of thing probably exists, but I'll have to rely on the collective experience and observation to find one of them.

???

The Isuzu NQR cab over trucks have an idle adjuster knob on the dash. I tried to find it online as a spare part. No luck so far.

I was thinking you may be able to cut the cable short on that knob to attach to the lock mechanism. It would be a twist to unlock deal with no pulling.

Since I installed the Mototek undertail I just have the cable accessible from the opening in the tail piece on the left side. I just reach in the opening, grab the cable and pull it to release the seat. Works great and was free. :icon_biggrin:

Since I installed the Mototek undertail I just have the cable accessible from the opening in the tail piece on the left side. I just reach in the opening, grab the cable and pull it to release the seat. Works great and was free. :icon_biggrin:

same here...couldnt find anything online either...I am on my 2nd mototek tail too

Hows bout dis one.

Use a manual choke cable cut to length. A little bracketry under the seat should do it.