CBR1100XX.org Forum

FI light before storage...

DUSTYXX

Assuming the battery is still good and fully charged, check that the battery connections are tight and not corroded. Also check the ground connection just to the left of where the gas tank bolts on for any similar conditions. If the FI light still comes on, check the fault codes.

+1 on checking fault codes. If it's a 99-00, be ready to pull your hair out. I ended up opening up the entire rear of the harness, then doing redundant grounding, now I missed a ground to the kickstand, but the other stuff panned out. I find Honda is like Ford... the grounding will drive you nuts, redundant ground everything. I think it's because they use line voltage drops as indicators in the system and grounding can affect the actual numbers at given points. I really don't know because I didn't design the system, but the commonality between the two systems is eerie.

Is the FI light on constantly, or does it flicker and vary in brightness? If it's a constant on, then check the error code. If it's intermittent, or flickering, there might not be any error codes.

The other thing you might want to check is the "wire loom fix". There's a bunch of threads addressing this issue on here, the corrosion here can be pretty bad, especially I would imagine if you stored it outside.

Good luck!

Jay