CBR1100XX.org Forum

WTB late front brake discs

Chewtoy

Well, I'm annoyed. I went to put my early front brake discs on my late front wheel, and they will not fit.

So I'm looking for a set of late discs in good condition. I have front and rear discs from a early bike if you'd like to trade. My discs have only 4k miles on them, so, yahoo. Also have a spare set of F+R calipers, and some early wheels, bent, but repairable.

All you old hands can stop laughing now.

PM me with whatcha got, and whatcha want for it.

Arg.

What's your purpose in the changeover? Is your early model wheel one of the bent ones?

Yes, both F+R early wheels were bent. I also scored a set of late forks & clamps for less than it would have cost me to refinish the early forks (I have those as well for trade).

So I have an early bird, with a late front end, with a (bent) early front wheel on it.

I also have a late, straight, refinished front wheel with new bearings, and a good Pirelli mounted.

I can wait for a good deal on the disks, but I'm kinda annoyed at myself, so am venting.

I have a set of OEM rotors (F&R) off of my 2000XX. There's nothing wrong with them, I just replaced them with a set of Galfers for bling. Pm me if you're interested.