CBR1100XX.org Forum

oil change

02BIRD

Been a while, I think I get 5 quarts, add 4, check and top it off with the 5th.

Actually it will take all that you can pour in....if you can get it to leak out just as fast..

Usually means that some idiot has left the drain plug out.

.....don't ask me how I know this.

can someone tell me how much engin oil a 2002 bird takes?

4 quart jub of Amsoil works fine along with a Mobil 1 filter for a 2006 Saturn Vue with the V6.

+1 on the Amsoil, but I would be nervous about using an oil filter that is not "labeled" for use on the specific engine upon which it is installed. Some filters have built-in by-pass valves that may or may not be set at the correct pressure for your engine. Just my 2 cents.

Mobil One oil Filter # M1-110 or M1-108 (shorter OEM length). Pure One synthetic media filters are also excellent (and cheaper). Both are made by Champion Labs.

BTW, the Saturn Vue V6 is a Honda engine, FYI.

http://people.msoe.edu/~yoderw/oilfilterst...oilfilters.html

I did not know that. Good for Saturn. To bad the rest of the car is a POS. IMHO

The Gen1 Vue had the Honda engine.

GM has decided to drop the Honda engine option for the second-generation 2008 Saturn Vue when it goes on sale this summer, according to a report in Automotive News. Honda had been supplying its 3.5-liter V-6 for use in the first-generation Vue since the deal was signed in 2002.

The deal was a highly beneficial one for Saturn. The Honda-powered Vue was popular and accounted for slightly more than half of the model's total sales throughout its lifespan.

Taking the place of the Honda engine will be GM's high feature 3.6-liter V-6.

My wife has a Gen 2 Vue as a company car. She puts a lot of miles on a vehicle. I like it better than the two previous Chevy trailblazers she had. It's been relatively trouble free through 65,000 miles. The only problem she has seen was a broken harmonic balancer, (It would slip for a second when you first started the car, and would slip a lot during rainstorms when water from the road would get spashed on it.) It was replaced under extended warranty.

I have a 98 Bird and a 92 750 nighthawk. They take exactly the same filter...Good advice above will make the filter changing easier.

• 1 year later...
I have a 98 Bird and a 92 750 nighthawk. They take exactly the same filter...Good advice above will make the filter changing easier.

Technically, my '91 VFR750F, '99 VFR800Fi, '02 CBR1100xx, '02 Honda Civic EX & '05 Acura TL ALL use those some filters :icon_biggrin:

Mobil One oil Filter # M1-110 or M1-108 (shorter OEM length). Pure One synthetic media filters are also excellent (and cheaper). Both are made by Champion Labs.

http://people.msoe.edu/~yoderw/oilfilterst...oilfilters.html

I did not know that. Good for Saturn. To bad the rest of the car is a POS. IMHO

That was a big reason we bought it...the Honda V6 in it is a great engine. My Dad is retired GM so we get the GMS pricing - that Vue cost us $22k new in 2006 and it also has all wheel drive. Otherwise the Vue is ok - my wife drives it 99% of the time and really likes it so I am happy with it as well.

And I did not know the Mobil One oil filter #M1-108 will work as well - I guess I could use it on the Vue as well (?)...I will check the prices when I need them next time.