CBR1100XX.org Forum

Tire mystery

ndivita

How about this:

If you make it down to OzarXX, I'll show you how to pull the rear wheel? It's really not overly difficult, and it's cheaper than paying the dealer.

Believe or not,there is a thread on STN dealing with "how to put rear wheel back on the bike ". :icon_biggrin::icon_rolleyes:

But going back to your problem.I honestly think that your dealer hired those little guys http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Leprechaun.

I recommend this to deal with your leaking tires. http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qi...14203126AA0gd7f

Still, you should expect to take some flack for that, especially without mentioning that you were away at the time.

I think it was pretty clearly implied that I left town on my FJR on a cross country trip last Thursday while leaving the Honda behind. Did not know I was writing a legal brief but I guess I should have explained more directly that I cannot be in two places at once, no matter how fast my FJR is.

You're right, I shouldn't have left you an out. Forgive me, it was a moment of weakness. You should expect to take some flack for calling the dealer to pick up your bike because the tire is flat.

It's not something I am any good at. I have my strengths, but things mechanical are not among them. Don't have the tools, the time or the space for it. I have too many other things going on with my office and my life. Believe me, if I had it my way, I would be as handy with a wrench as all you blokes. But I'm not. Man's got to know his limitations...

How about this:

If you make it down to OzarXX, I'll show you how to pull the rear wheel? It's really not overly difficult, and it's cheaper than paying the dealer.

Very kind offer, but I doubt if I will make it not because it would not be fun, but because I already have rides planned this spring and summer and the wife and I are into some other time consuming projects.

Been working to much to log in.

My front did the flat then good thing a few months back. I had filled it with a bike pump and think I got some sand in the valve stem.

Quick fix was to replace the valve. Final fix was to replace the whole valve stem.

Simple carry over from checking dirt bike tubes...

Submerse the tire in water and the leak will show up as bubbles....use a large bucket and rotate the tire in the water so you check the entire circumference.

You will also check the valve stem when this is submersed.