CBR1100XX.org Forum

New used 2000 bird

turbo50jeff

WOW is all I can say after purchasing a new used 2000 XX. You see I already have one a 2000 XX with just about 21K on it a K&N, dual Leo ti slip ons, and Hyperpro springs front and rear. The one I just purchased has a full 4-2-1 Akropovic carbon can system with no center stand, a power commander and a K&N with stock suspension and brand new Michelin HPX tires. It has just under 14K on it.

It feels like a completely different bike! It pulls so hard from 7K on up. It feels sooooooo much lighter as well. The dual Leos sound better and are louder, but the carbon Akropovic is quieter and makes more power. Go figure. The engine seems to rev so freely right up to 10.5K rpm.

Also in some strange way, I like the ride and handling better with stock setup instead of the Hyperpro.

WOW is all I can say after purchasing a new used 2000 XX. You see I already have one a 2000 XX with just about 21K on it a K&N, dual Leo ti slip ons, and Hyperpro springs front and rear. The one I just purchased has a full 4-2-1 Akropovic carbon can system with no center stand, a power commander and a K&N with stock suspension and brand new Michelin HPX tires. It has just under 14K on it.

It feels like a completely different bike! It pulls so hard from 7K on up. It feels sooooooo much lighter as well. The dual Leos sound better and are louder, but the carbon Akropovic is quieter and makes more power. Go figure. The engine seems to rev so freely right up to 10.5K rpm.

Also in some strange way, I like the ride and handling better with stock setup instead of the Hyperpro.

Congrats on the new-to-you bike! I have the twin to your bike (11k miles) but mine is box-stock. The mods on your bike are exactly what I wanted to try.

You mentioned that the centerstand has been removed. Was that a requirement of the Akropovic 4-2-1 system or just a way to shed a few pounds? The center stand is a must-have for me for longer distance riding (it really sucks to change a tire road-side without one!). Also, which Power Commander do you have (II or III) and have you tried any other fuel maps for it?

Best of luck with the new ride!

Congrats on the new-to-you bike! I have the twin to your bike (11k miles) but mine is box-stock. The mods on your bike are exactly what I wanted to try.

You mentioned that the centerstand has been removed. Was that a requirement of the Akropovic 4-2-1 system or just a way to shed a few pounds? The center stand is a must-have for me for longer distance riding (it really sucks to change a tire road-side without one!). Also, which Power Commander do you have (II or III) and have you tried any other fuel maps for it?

Best of luck with the new ride!

It will not fit with the center stand. Power Commander II is installed. I have not tried any other maps. It seems to be a little rich but I don't have a laptop.

Jeff

It seems to be a little rich but I don't have a laptop.

Jeff

How far between the 'bird and the desktop? Long serial cable? Easy to come by.