CBR1100XX.org Forum

Exhaust ?'s

Rainchaser

So I'm debating between slip-ons and full system.. I want to stay around $500 so I'm guessing slip-ons. However, I've seen full exhausts on eBay and on close-out for really cheap.. then add $250 for a PCIII from eBay and I'm around the $500 I wanted to stay at..

Now my question.. if I get a full system, and a PCIII I'm guessing I can install both myself if I felt rather randy. But is there anything else that I'd need to have done? How about the map for the particular exhaust I get to set the PCIII to? How much does that cost to get?

Just want to make sure I'm aware of all the variables before buying a full system as opposed to just slip-ons..

Any suggestions for good places to make slip-on purchases would be appreciated too. I'm strongly leaning towards the D&D's right now.

www.motorcyclecloseouts.com You will not find a cheaper D&D price, including ebay. I have a D&D and love it. 4 years, no problems (other than the chrome rusting on the header but who looks at the header), and yes it is loud. But considering you can buy (at this price) 3 of them for what one Akrapovric (sp.) or Micron would cost you, then it's a smoking deal. I've run my D&D since new with no program. No interest in buying a Power Commander cause for the same price I put nitrous on my bike :twisted:

I've run my D&D since new with no program.  No interest in buying a Power Commander cause for the same price I put nitrous on my bike  :twisted:

Did you put a full exhaust on or just the slip-ons? Just curious.. I keep getting told that putting a full exhaust on basically requires the pciii..

I saw a closeout Yoshimura on the Bay. 4 into 1. I had that system on my ZX-12, and absolutely loved it. Great power, not too loud. It's more expensive than the D&D's, but a great pipe.

Also, if time is not an issue, I love my high mount migs. A few guys have them here, and are very happy with them. Dave for instince.

20892846.jpg

OOps copyright. Tim Cone Homo Publishing Inc.

I am running the D&D full system. I got it because it was cheap, loud, lighter than stock, and makes more power. I never have seen the purpose in a PCII because NOBODY has maps for D&D on birds.

I've got a buddy of mine that just pulled his Vance and Hines carbon fiber slip-ons off, and he will be selling them, if you're interested. I'll get the details and a price for you if you'd like.