CBR1100XX.org Forum

2003 Blackbird with Corbin bags

As much as I hate to admit it, it's time to move on. I just haven't been riding this bike as much as I'd like too. I guess I prefer the dirt and exploring the back country more than I do pounding the pavement.

Here ya go guys/gals... 2003 Blackbird for sale

Hey, nice bird ya got there... i'm figurin' you're in arizona? Whereabouts?

Thanks,

-eddy

As much as I hate to admit it, it's time to move on. I just haven't been riding this bike as much as I'd like too. I guess I prefer the dirt and exploring the back country more than I do pounding the pavement.

Here ya go guys/gals... 2003 Blackbird for sale

Hey, nice bird ya got there... i'm figurin' you're in arizona? Whereabouts?

I'm in Glendale, Arizona. Thanks for the compliment.

Bump for a very pretty Bird. If I didn't already have one, I'd be tempted. Although 200 mile from a tank? 165 is the most I've ever gotten.

Yeah believe it or not I've gotton over 200 miles from a tank several times. Of course each time I was riding with a bunch of Goldwingers, and could have probably run faster than the speed we were averaging, but yes it's definitely possible. :icon_razz:

Bump for a very pretty Bird. If I didn't already have one, I'd be tempted. Although 200 mile from a tank? 165 is the most I've ever gotten.

Yeah believe it or not I've gotton over 200 miles from a tank several times. Of course each time I was riding with a bunch of Goldwingers, and could have probably run faster than the speed we were averaging, but yes it's definitely possible. :icon_razz:

I had a GL1800 and put about 33K on it. I think the most I got from a tank on that bike was 200mi come to think of it. I'm heavy on the throttle on most bikes though.

I used to get 200 a tank regularly on my '02 XX. That was running at about 80 to 85 mph (indicated). Spent the better part of a day running at about 100 indicated (heading out west) and those tanks were in the 160 to 170 mile range. Stock gearing.

I used to get 200 a tank regularly on my '02 XX. That was running at about 80 to 85 mph (indicated). Spent the better part of a day running at about 100 indicated (heading out west) and those tanks were in the 160 to 170 mile range. Stock gearing.

Are the tanks on the carb'd Birds smaller? On my '98 I'm usually filling up evey 145-150 miles. When I had my '02, I don't remember how much I'd get out of tank but I remember it was no way near 200 mi. But most of my mileage was commuting. 90mph hwy and backroads where I'd rev it up a lot.

Same here on my 00, the key was the rpms anything over 5K would bring the mileage down from there. I do think the 99 and up bikes have a slightly larger tank I didn't think it was that much bigger to make that big a difference...maybe your running rich Howie?

Same here on my 00, the key was the rpms anything over 5K would bring the mileage down from there. I do think the 99 and up bikes have a slightly larger tank I didn't think it was that much bigger to make that big a difference...maybe your running rich Howie?

I don't think I'm running rich. I'm averaging about 34-36mpg so happy with that. put slip-ons and a jet kit on the bike when I got it with 14K miles (poway motorcycle did)

Are the tanks on the carb'd Birds smaller? On my '98 I'm usually filling up evey 145-150 miles. When I had my '02, I don't remember how much I'd get out of tank but I remember it was no way near 200 mi. But most of my mileage was commuting. 90mph hwy and backroads where I'd rev it up a lot.

YES, carb birds have a one gallon smaller tank than the FI birds.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...