CBR1100XX.org Forum

Using the original manifold for single endcan

greysnail

Hey guys,juz wanna noe if its possible using the original manifold/collector for a single endcan.Do i need to modify the collector?

Any inputs is appreciated.

I've read somewhere before of people blocking off the left side and not having issues.

If dats ok,i'm gonna get myself an Akra endcan meant for GSXR.I'm juz worry abt the backflow issue.Bikeshop in S'pore doesn't bring in Yoshi full sys anymore...:(

Guest cudgel

QUOTE(cudgel @ Mar 8 2009, 10:59 PM)

I've done it to my 2000 'bird with no ill effects.

So u juz fixed a stopper on the left and thats it?

Yup, left one D&D home, plugged left pipe and tried it. No noticible power loss and quieter. I've never had stock cans so I can't say how that would work but the straight thru D seems to be OK.

What your doing should work fine,

increase low end,

slightly hurt very top end.

Hmmm...tot of modding the collector and getting rid of the left connector but vehicle inspection here is very strict and of cos wat i'm doing now is illegal but who cares.s long i'm able to fit my 2 ori pipes for vehicle inspection,i'm good.

increase low end,

Another question.....y is it so??

Restricting the flow to One tube will increase the Gas flow velocity speed at Low RPM's, this will increase the gas particle suction wave of the exhaust, and give you a much stronger 5000 - 7000 rpm pull.

But that same restriction that was going to help you down low at 5K, is now going to cause an increase in Back-pressure at the top end 10,000 rpm's, unless the pipe is sized properly..... in which case you could gain top end power as well.

One thing is for sure.... it will be louder.

Guest cudgel

Yup, left one D&D home, plugged left pipe and tried it

Cudgel, what did you use to plug the pipe?

I have it temporarily plugged with a short piece of round cold rolled I had lying around.It's just wired in place like a champagne bottle cap. When I do it permanently I will cut a disc and tig it right on the end of the tube so it could be cut off easily if I need to go back.

increase low end,

Restricting the flow to One tube will increase the Gas flow velocity speed at Low RPM's, this will increase the gas particle suction wave of the exhaust, and give you a much stronger 5000 - 7000 rpm pull.

But that same restriction that was going to help you down low at 5K, is now going to cause an increase in Back-pressure at the top end 10,000 rpm's, unless the pipe is sized properly..... in which case you could gain top end power as well.

Nope, mine is quieter, noticably.

Yup, left one D&D home, plugged left pipe and tried it

Cudgel, what did you use to plug the pipe?

I have it temporarily plugged with a short piece of round cold rolled I had lying around.It's just wired in place like a champagne bottle cap. When I do it permanently I will cut a disc and tig it right on the end of the tube so it could be cut off easily if I need to go back.

increase low end,

Nope, mine is quieter, noticably.

I used to think that too......

To me, when I made my single side exhaust it sounded quieter....

only problem was.... my wife could then here my bike from miles away, and would call and tell me, that she knew where I was, when I would stop ata buddies house.... 5 blocks away, that or...... she would tell me which roads I took riding home.

Go figure.