CBR1100XX.org Forum

Coolant?

renhalt

I have an 03 bb and it runs perfect, the only think is on occasion i get a couple of drops of coolant under the center stand where the overflow tube is located in front of the rear shock. The bike runs normal temps and I cannot find any leaks. Is this normal? Or is my thermostat sticking? Is it over full? It doesn't seem to be. Any help would be useful. Thanks

I have an 03 bb and it runs perfect, the only think is on occasion i get a couple of drops of coolant under the center stand where the overflow tube is located in front of the rear shock. The bike runs normal temps and I cannot find any leaks. Is this normal? Or is my thermostat sticking? Is it over full? It doesn't seem to be. Any help would be useful. Thanks

I assume the overflow tank is at the proper level when cold. If too full, you could overflow the overflow.

You may need to pull the lowers and tighten all the hose clamps. I have had mine need that twice in 8 years. Not much of a leak, but a little, when very hot. The coolant was forced rearward by airflow and came out near the rear of the bike.

Same as mine...once or twice a year it will have a little overflow. This occurs when its hot & has proven OK on both of my past two birds. The first appearance spooked me pretty bad, but after no further occurences for 6 mos it became deemed just a part of the bikes nature. Don't worry about it unless it gets bad or happens every few rides...