CBR1100XX.org Forum

Kuryakyn Battery Gauge - SPF

One new Kuryakyn model 4219 chrome battery gauge. The packaging is a little dusty, but the gauge has never been out of the packaging.

They retail for $40. I’ve seen them for $32.

Every bike should have a battery gauge, so you know about a weakening battery BEFORE you're stranded somewhere.

How about $20, including Priority Mail shipping?

clip_image002.jpg

I was going to mount it low enough so that the chrome wouldn't reflect any light, but visible enough so that it can be picked up by a quick glance when the engine is running.

I'd want it where I could see it, but there isn't any real space on the instrument cluster. I have the controls for my ProOiler on one side of my handlebars and the other side is blocked by my GPS when mounted.

Anyone have a voltmeter on their 'Bird (any type)? Where'd you mount it?

One new Kuryakyn model 4219 chrome battery gauge. The packaging is a little dusty, but the gauge has never been out of the packaging.

They retail for $40. I’ve seen them for $32.

Every bike should have a battery gauge, so you know about a weakening battery BEFORE you're stranded somewhere.

How about $20, including Priority Mail shipping?

clip_image002.jpg

I'll take it. PM Sent.

After going thru the Battery/Stator/Voltage Regulator death spiral, I mounted a Sunpro analog gauge in the right side fairing cover that's beside the fuel tank (don't know the proper name of the panel, but it's the dark plastic one). It's a 2" lighted version from Advance Auto, and while not weather proof has been functioning fine for the last several years in all types of weather. I did add a small relay so it only sees battery voltage when the ignition is hot. You need to make a conscious effort to look at it as it's not in your normal line of sight, but one only needs check it infrequently anyway to know what's going on electrically.

Bill

I mounted mine dead center as far in as possible on top of the guage cluster. I used a small piece of velcro and its fine. I was extremely disapointed in the quality tho. mine is cheap with glue everywhere..even covering the daylight sensor. but it wasnt worth returning as long as it measure voltage.