CBR1100XX.org Forum

Suspension

Silverbird2

I am getting ready to send my front forks off to Dan Kyle to be reworked. I have been reading a lot of the old suspension post but still know relatively little about the inner workings. I am not looking for an explanation but would however like to know what i should be asking him and what i should be telling him i want. He is wanting to put in Ohlins springs and that is about all i know at this point.

I am getting ready to send my front forks off to Dan Kyle to be reworked. I have been reading a lot of the old suspension post but still know relatively little about the inner workings. I am not looking for an explanation but would however like to know what i should be asking him and what i should be telling him i want. He is wanting to put in Ohlins springs and that is about all i know at this point.

Tell him your weight, planned use of the bike (sport riding, touring, combo, ect...) and an honest assessment of your skill level- as in how hard you'll be pushing it. IIRC correctly, you're the guy who walked around the outside of me at OzarXX last year like I was standing still, so I'd say go with "aggressive". :icon_biggrin:

Questions you should ask him- anything you want to know. You're paying him and he knows considerably more about suspension than anyone here.

Tell him your weight, planned use of the bike (sport riding, touring, combo, ect...) and an honest assessment of your skill level- as in how hard you'll be pushing it. IIRC correctly, you're the guy who walked around the outside of me at OzarXX last year like I was standing still, so I'd say go with "aggressive". :icon_biggrin:

Questions you should ask him- anything you want to know. You're paying him and he knows considerably more about suspension than anyone here.

Thanks man, and I have no idea what you are talking about :icon_whistle: . Hope to see you there again this year :icon_dance: