CBR1100XX.org Forum

Tire Pressure Monitoring

79cbxmike

From what little I’ve read, remote tire pressure monitoring for motorcycles doesn’t sound practical, at least at this time.

Anyone know of systems that are practical and work well?

We are now testing these on a police-bike (yes I have good contacts with th law).

They are new, not expensive, and are easy to install. The sensors only weigh 12 grams each....

I can't deeplink, but this is the site: http://www.atrium-enterprises.eu/home_gb.html

Go to: PRODUCTS - AUTOMOTIVE - TIRE PRESSURE SYSTEMS - MOTORBIKE

We are now testing these on a police-bike (yes I have good contacts with th law).

They are new, not expensive, and are easy to install. The sensors only weigh 12 grams each....

I can't deeplink, but this is the site: http://www.atrium-enterprises.eu/home_gb.html

Go to: PRODUCTS - AUTOMOTIVE - TIRE PRESSURE SYSTEMS - MOTORBIKE

Here in Europe it costs about 130 Euro's, so I guess (since these things are usually cheaper in the USA) you'll pay about USD 100.

TPMS isn't standard on bikes, YET.

Many cars now have them, and I think it's only a matter of time before many bikes have them as they are far more critical on a bike than in a cage. The few extra seconds warning you get when you are at speed on a bike and are about to lose all pressure can literally save your life on a bike.

I'm absolutely glad my C14 has them.