CBR1100XX.org Forum

Front Tire

BigArn

Well come spring it will be time for a new front tire. Please school me on how YOU remove your front tire. Any tips on getting the front tire off the ground is what I'm really looking for.

Thanks

Mark S.

Well, I do it like this-

108565305.jpg

You might try a jack and a block of wood under the oil pan or some ratcheting tie downs from the bars up to a solid mounting point above, such as a rafter tie in your garage.

Well, I do it like this-

108565305.jpg

You might try a jack and a block of wood under the oil pan or some ratcheting tie downs from the bars up to a solid mounting point above, such as a rafter tie in your garage.

I usually leave the stator cover on when I change the front tire Tim.

I may have to try that nexxt time.

:icon_biggrin:

Well come spring it will be time for a new front tire. Please school me on how YOU remove your front tire. Any tips on getting the front tire off the ground is what I'm really looking for.

Thanks

Mark S.

What model of Pitt Bull front end stand is that? I've got a rear Pitt Bull stand set up for bobbins, so all I would need to do is change that out for the type you have on yours.

Thanks

Mark S.

I usually leave the stator cover on when I change the front tire Tim.

I may have to try that nexxt time.

:icon_biggrin:

See, there's your mistake, now you know why you ended up with a busted piston ring.

Never doubt my methods.

Mark, that's a "newfront" front stand, IIRC. It's not convertible from a standard rear or front stand, what you see is how it's delivered and how it stays.

If I were to do it again, I'd get a standard front stand and the fork lift converter. Lifting by the steering stem is invaluable when you need to do fork work, but it's a PITA when simply removing the wheel. 90% of the use the stand sees is simply removing the front wheel, so you begin to see my point...

If you still have the center stand, it's no big deal.

Put the bike on the center stand. Put a small jack under the oil pan. (I lift on the drain bolt)

If you remove the front fender, you only need to lift the front enough so the tire turns freely.