CBR1100XX.org Forum

What should I check or service?

Aurora

Tighten all the radiator clamps, the hoses compress and they have been known to leak.

How many miles?

I waited way too long to replace the brake and clutch fluids. There is a thread on how to bleed the brakes, and it was very easy to do.

Brake fluids, coolant, clean out behind front sprocket cover, back wash radiator.

OK I will bite.

How does a person back wash the radiator and oil cooler?

What I meant was use a hose to get the dirt and bugs out of the fins by spraying a hose from back to front. It is just a little easier with the fairings removed.

That does raise a question.

Is a ten year old bike due for a radiator flush, the same as one would do for a car? Or are we confident that the superior coolant and water are keeping the internals perfect.

No doubts about the other fluids and that reminds me, I need to change all my other vehicles brake fluid as well. Might as well make a day of it.

I think everyone already hit the big stuff. I was going to also mention snugging down the rad clamps. I had one start leaking on my F4i. All I needed to do was a half turn on a clamp.

Instal a mesh metal screen in front of the radiator (protects it from debris)