CBR1100XX.org Forum

Home Gym setup.

Mine keeps evolving.

I started with a bowflex. Sucked.

Sold the bowflex and got a smith cage/home gym.

It worked very well but I decided it wasn't quite what I wanted so I just picked up a power cage and sold the smith setup.

Along the way I moved to the 3rd bay in the garage so I can make all the noise I want not to mention drop weights on the floor without worrying. I was on the 2nd floor.

I installed a chin up bar on the ceiling. Its very solid. Chins are way under rated.

I still need to move the eliptical out there and do a few more things I'm not thinking of right now but this is what I have at the moment.

homegym2.jpg

homegym3.jpg

homegym4.jpg

The mirrors double as a handy place to write down thoughts that pop into my head while Im working out.

Another thing I want to do is have some big decals made up to put on the wall that say.

Consistency

Patience

Perseverance

Dedication

Determination

I thought about having a poster made up with those words on it with a pic of my ideal body but that is pretty gay so I think Ill just go with the words. Hmm maybe I could put some really hot fitness chick on there.

Anyway...lets see what ya got.

When do you start excepting memberships and what are your personal training rates ?

Hmmm. :icon_think: If I ever manage to get myself in shape I'll be happy.

Russian kettle bells. 70lb, 53lb, 44lb, 36lb, 15lb (all you really need to get/stay in shape)

50lb weighted vest for walking when it's nice outside

220 lbs of barbell plates/bar (for dead lift)

Concept II rowing machine

Heavy bag and bag gloves

6lb hula hoop - don't laugh; try hula hooping a snow tire

Assorted dumb bells up to 30lbs

12lb and 5lb rubber balls for various overhead movements

Wrist/forearm curl gizmos

Bicycle in the garage

Quit the gym over a year ago and never looked back after getting turned on to the kettle bells.

Currently painting/dry locking the basement so no pictures are available and they wouldn't do any good for anyone anyway.... If I remember, I will post some after the project is completed but I doubt I will remember

Cheers...