CBR1100XX.org Forum

Sylvania Silverstar bulbs w/Clear Alternative Lenses

JuXXtin

Sylvania Silverstar bulbs w/Clear Alternative Lenses for the BB's trend-setting front turn signals.

I heard comments that the "chrome" dipped bulbs are not very bright.... so tried these instead, they are great!

Amber bulbs that come with the CA lenses:

DSC08583.JPG

Silverstars:

DSC08582.JPG

The silverstar don't look amber in photo. If not, they wouldn't be legal but they look good.

They illuminate a really bright amber! I had them on my 1998, working on amber LED's for the 2001.

Nice. I was looking to replace the stock bulbs in the ZX-14 front and rear clear housings, and I didn't really like the dipped chrome bulbs I had on my XX, as they aren't that bright and harder to see in the day time. These will do nicely. Thanks!

The silverstar don't look amber in photo. If not, they wouldn't be legal but they look good.

They illuminate a really bright amber! I had them on my 1998, working on amber LED's for the 2001.

Yup, Tox is right, they are amber when on "park" mode and amber when "flashing".

Nice. I was looking to replace the stock bulbs in the ZX-14 front and rear clear housings, and I didn't really like the dipped chrome bulbs I had on my XX, as they aren't that bright and harder to see in the day time. These will do nicely. Thanks!

This mod only works for a Blackbird though, sorry. :icon_twisted:

The picture makes them have a blue tint to them when off... and that is true to what it looks like. I like 'um too:

DSC08913%20-%20Copy.JPG

Nice....

Yes some of us have been running them for years....

and some of us put a little piece of electrical tape over one of the Lightbulb sucket buttons, so our "park Lights" are NOT on all the time.

Now if I could just get you to Build a roller bushing for that Clutch Lever....

:icon_twisted:

A piece of cold rolled, cut to length, and a drill would work nicely.

NBLB. :icon_biggrin:

I have a prototype installed, $500 if you want want one too? It's called grease! :icon_biggrin:

Im interested, What is the model # for those Siverstars for the turn signals?

"1157A ST"

I have a prototype installed, $500 if you want want one too? It's called grease! :icon_biggrin:

ROTFLMAO !

That was halarious.... You left... and returned 5 minutes later.... with a...

You: Dude. What did you do to my bike ? It's Clicking Now !

Me:OH. Ah let's see... Oh found it... it's called grease... I lubed your Lever's while you weren't looking, and well since that clutch piston rod wore a small groove in your lever (because you have no roller Bushing)... now the grease is letting it pop out of the groove during full compression.... your fine.

...... Too bad you couldn't have stayed longer, I would have built you a new one.

Great times = Great memories.

I just installed clear, LED 1157 bayonet bulbs from www.ledtronics.com

The bulbs are clear, illuminate amber and are nice and bright. Also installed a new flasher as suggested by Justin, worked like a champ.