CBR1100XX.org Forum

My OEM Battery Finally Died

XXTi

The OEM battery in my 2000 XX finally bit the dust. Where's the best and cheapest place to get a YTX 12BS? Has anyone tried an alternate replacement?

I rep[laced my Yuasa this year on my 2000 Bird and got a Deka ETX 12 AGM from Tri.State battery for less than 60$ ,They were having a sale, free shipping too!! Absolutely no problems with the battery , my horn is even louder.

There's a few good battery online stores....

BatteryPlex,

Batteries Plus,

etc.

I ended up buying a 14 instead of a 12.... AGM.... yes it fit.

but, one of those 2 places, said they had it, then called me with a backorder ticket....... pist me off.

I'll go look and edit this post in a minute.

Edited:

I used this site to find the right size....

http://www.batteryplex.com/motorcycles-det...l=Super%20Sport

Then I used it again here to cross reference the batteries what would fit...

http://www.batteryplex.com/motorcycles-series-ytx.cfm

Then I went to this site, found a match, and picked it up localy for a great price....

http://www.batteriesplus.com/

Goodluck.

If you keep a battery till it dies, you could end up needing to replace your rectifier or worst.

You could also get stuck somewhere and have to buy a battery where ever you can find one for $$$$.

For me, 4 years is enough. I also went with a 14 but I had to remove the rubber feet at the bottom of the holder.

Jim, last June, I finally replaced my OEM battery (98XX).

I also replaced my failed R/R with an R1 R/R and Mikes loom kit.

I replaced the OEM 12AH battery with a 14AH battery, It's 5/8 of an inch taller.

No problems with clearance with my Corbin seat. Cranks the starter very well in the cold.

my .02

Cal

I ended up getting one of the same Motocross brand YTX-12BS batteries from the local batteriesplus store. I paid $69.95 plus tax, but I had it the same day. It was worth the extra few bucks to get the bike going again.

Thanks again for all the tips. I thought since the original battery lasted 9 years, I'd try another one.

I ended up getting one of the same Motocross brand YTX-12BS batteries from the local batteriesplus store. I paid $69.95 plus tax, but I had it the same day. It was worth the extra few bucks to get the bike going again.

Thanks again for all the tips. I thought since the original battery lasted 9 years, I'd try another one.

I thought the original (OEM) battery was Yuasa? My 97 XX came with Yuasa and it lasted 7 years so I got another Yuasa.

My original battery was a Yuasa too. This one is made by Yuasa but is branded Motocross. I hope it lasts as well as the OEM.