CBR1100XX.org Forum

JAWS EQUIPMENT

Pennywise

Gents, any words of wisdom about the "JAWS" parts ie RR and STATOR. I need both and looking at the JAWS price, I was wondering if there is any one out there that has used the parts and can vouche for the diiference in price?

#1. are they that much better? as opposed to using OEM. :icon_confused:

Gents, any words of wisdom about the "JAWS" parts ie RR and STATOR. I need both and looking at the JAWS price, I was wondering if there is any one out there that has used the parts and can vouch for the difference in price?

#1. are they that much better? as opposed to using OEM. :icon_confused:

I haven't used them myself but from seeing quite a few positive comments and posts about them on on the B.I.R.D site and IXXRA they are supposed to be as good as the OEM and better than the early OEM stuff and the stators are slightly higher output as well I believe :icon_confused:

Your best bargain is the R1 R/R iwth the Mike adapter kit

I myself have in stock a Jaws R/R that I will make you a deal on

if interested.

I recently replaced my R/R on my 2001 and replaced with an OEM unit.

What do you have for the Mike adapter, an R1 RR and whats your best price for your JAWS RR? YOu can PM me. If the price is right I will take the whole shooting match! My bird is a 97. The RR is fried on my bike but the wires are in great shape, sooo if the RR is fried and from the reading on prior posts my stator is gone also, so if ya have a good stator in mind I can purchase one from you shop also... Might as well keep it in the family. Once again thanks for the reply.

I spend 10 days with Jaws every year on Holiday and it just happens to coincide with the annual UK BlackBird Bash !

Last year I brought back a couple of the Italian made R/R's that John(Jaws) sells but am worried about an electrical component. Electrical stuff is typically finicky and I don't have any way to deal with a warranty issue in case it was to come up.

As a result I have an R/R for a 2001 model Bird that is made in Italy and sold by Jaws still in new sealed packaging.

I will let it go for $55.00 shipped in the States but does not come with a warranty of any kind.

I do not have a stator and I recommend using only OEM direct replacement parts from Honda but that is just me.

Many here have installed the R1 R/R and if you prefer to Not do any wire cutting or splicing then Mike made up some R1 adapter connectors to hook up the R1 R/R so that it plugs right into the Honda OEM plugs.

Search will tell you all you need, to buy/install an R1 R/R and the adapter waring kit that Mike makes up.

I spend 10 days with Jaws every year on Holiday and it just happens to coincide with the annual UK BlackBird Bash !

Last year I brought back a couple of the Italian made R/R's that John(Jaws) sells but am worried about an electrical component. Electrical stuff is typically finicky and I don't have any way to deal with a warranty issue in case it was to come up.

As a result I have an R/R for a 2001 model Bird that is made in Italy and sold by Jaws still in new sealed packaging.

I will let it go for $55.00 shipped in the States but does not come with a warranty of any kind.

I do not have a stator and I recommend using only OEM direct replacement parts from Honda but that is just me.

Many here have installed the R1 R/R and if you prefer to Not do any wire cutting or splicing then Mike made up some R1 adapter connectors to hook up the R1 R/R so that it plugs right into the Honda OEM plugs.

Search will tell you all you need, to buy/install an R1 R/R and the adapter waring kit that Mike makes up.

Ill give it a whirl! 55 bucks is worth a try. Whats your PP address and i will send fundage. I sure wish we had the enthusiasm here in the states as so for the bird in the UK! Hey is the mike in question Bartonmd? ps what would y0u charge for a stator and a cover gasket??

Let me get you a Picture of the R/R tonight first before you decide to buy it.

Some model year R/R's have different plugs and different length of pigtails.

Lets make sure it is the one that will work for your model year.

Yes I believe you are correct with Mike being BartonMD.

I will post up a picture as soon as I get home from work this evening

Also, I but my OEM parts from Honda Directline, as the owner is a friend of mine.

They discount OEM parts and the only way I can get a better price from them is to buy a minimum quantity of 10 items.

You can look up what you need and get their prices easily off their website at www.HDLParts.com

You may find a slightly cheaper price by shopping around the web at places like University Honda, Ron Ayers, Service Honda etc etc

Let me get you a Picture of the R/R tonight first before you decide to buy it.

Some model year R/R's have different plugs and different length of pigtails.

Lets make sure it is the one that will work for your model year.

Yes I believe you are correct with Mike being BartonMD.

I will post up a picture as soon as I get home from work this evening

Also, I but my OEM parts from Honda Directline, as the owner is a friend of mine.

They discount OEM parts and the only way I can get a better price from them is to buy a minimum quantity of 10 items.

You can look up what you need and get their prices easily off their website at www.HDLParts.com

You may find a slightly cheaper price by shopping around the web at places like University Honda, Ron Ayers, Service Honda etc etc

Cool , I will be standing by.....

Got busy and almost forgot to post the pic's.

It is the R/R for the 2002+ Blackbird with the higher output

I dont believe that one would work, mine is the one that plugs directly to the RR with no pigtail. Or do I clip the R1 wires and clip to the adapter mike makes ? I have Mike setting me up with the adapter for the R1 RR that fits the 97-2001 I believe. I hope I just made sense....

Got busy and almost forgot to post the pic's.

It is the R/R for the 2002+ Blackbird with the higher output

I dont believe that one would work, mine is the one that plugs directly to the RR with no pigtail.

Yours should look something like this although the original would be square with no fins :icon_surprised:

Or do I clip the R1 wires and clip to the adapter mike makes ? I have Mike setting me up with the adapter for the R1 RR that fits the 97-2001 I believe. I hope I just made sense....

For you guys that would be the best - to get an R1 R/R and Mikes pigtail although I don't know whether you need to clip the R1 wires, I think they plug into the pigtail :icon_think:

No worries,

That is why I required you to look at pictures before taking your money.

I have no problem keeping it myself as it is a direct replacement for mine

so I take it along on long trips as a "return home safe" extra item in my bag.

John thanks for the help and the effort, I guess all I need now is a 99-01 R1 Regulator. Thanks to all for you input.

You should be able to pick up the R1 Reg easily

Either locally at your Yamaha Dealer or for the cheapest cost order online.

snagged one for 30.00 today :icon_evilgrin: now the stator and gasket is in order. I guess the bike is giving me the hint to do a hell of a winter tear down and service. Thanks jimmy

snagged one for 30.00 today :icon_evilgrin: now the stator and gasket is in order. I guess the bike is giving me the hint to do a hell of a winter tear down and service. Thanks jimmy

Where did you get one for $30? Is it new? I installed a 2001 R1 R/R on my 97 a while ago and I don't mind keeping 1 as spare if it's $30 :-)

Where did you get one for $30? Is it new? I installed a 2001 R1 R/R on my 97 a while ago and I don't mind keeping 1 as spare if it's $30 :-)

Nope its a used one, also check out the RR for the R6 it cross referenced a few times same hook up! :icon_angel: