CBR1100XX.org Forum

WarEagle Racing fairing panels

brianmacza

Hey guys...

After I binned my XX about 4 months ago, I got prices from the stealership on replacement parts and was horrified. Biiiig munni..

Decided to tray the WarEagle panels - plastic about the same thickness as the stock panels, prepainted with primer and almost ready to paint.

Took the panels to my painter guy - he decided to use his own primer and cleaned the panels up, painted them, applied decals and clearcoat and the results are awesome. Decided to try a different colour so its the metallic grey :o)

Will post pics as soon as the beast is together.

[edit]

med_gallery_1700_705_147701.jpg

med_gallery_1700_705_5691.jpg

Need the total cost please. thankyou

The price of the panels is on the wareagle-racing.com site - I have the exchange rate to deal with, so that skews thing NOT in my favour. Wareagle - $699

The painter knocked me $450 for the paintwork including decals and a custom fancy superhard clearcoat.

The local price for new honda panels was $2878 so I saved bigtime. Time will tell if the clearcoat helps the way its supposed to.

Anxious to see pics of the bike all back together. That is one nice paint job! I don't think you could get a better "wet" look from a clear. Just shows how much factory paint sucks.

Makes me want to do a repaint on my XX.

Are the War Eagle plastics the same as the Ebay ones?

No Idea... The fit is quite good on the tailpiece and front fender so far. The headlamp fits nicely into the upper, so no problems there.

Will post pics when the whole deal is assembled - just waiting for my speedo cluster to arrive before putting the upper and side panels on.

• 3 weeks later...
Do these have tabs by any chance? Sharkskins dont have em (yeah I know they are race skins). I tried to fiberglass my own tabs but they keep breaking off

J

There are blocks to mount the front bib and tabs for everything else.

med_gallery_1700_654_79404.jpg