CBR1100XX.org Forum

DUCATI STx BAGS

Elefant

Hey there!

I purchased a set of unusual Ducati ST4 BLACK saddle bags a while ago and I'm planning on permanently installing them this weekend. I know it's been done at least twice. Once in Canada an once in Singapore. I've been trying to get some pointers as to the ways and means of attaching them to the rear sub frame to no avail. The foot peg/exhaust area is a no brainer...

I was wonder if any body wants to give their two cents. I sortta see an issue with the regulator being in the way where the bag franme would attach to the rear subframe.

Should I drill and bolt through or should I weld?

I'll happen tomorrow. At least it'll start happening tomorrow... :icon_whistle:

That is how I`ve done it,kind of minimalist approach.Or lazy.

Front -straight bolt on,even stock bolts work with Ducati bag`s frame.

Middle bracket- It goes thru "venting" hole in Hondas tail piece.It needs to be extended couple of inches and then attached to rear subframe.

Rear bracket-Cut it off.Instead additional peice was fabricated.It goes between unused now turn signals attachments on rear fender and bag`s frame.It needs to be welded to the "inside" of the frame not "outside" or there will be clearance issue between the bag/bag`s frame.

Those Duc frames have their own turn signals,make sure to pull wires before welding,or they are gonna melt.

My bike has full Yosh system that,I think,goes higher then O.E.M.It had to be pushed down about 2 inches,2 additional brackets had to be made.

It has worked well enough,I`ve put over 30 k miles with this system,more often then not overloaded.

I think Timothypilgrim (from Canadia) has those on the Bird he recently bought (it came with them) - may want to PM him...

FWIW, they looked great on the Bird, followed the contours perfectly and seemed to have loads of space.

Yeah, I cut the tabs off the Duc frames and it seems it won't be much of an issue. I guess it'll be down to how much lower the Yosh slip ons will be able to go so I can shove the bags further in.