CBR1100XX.org Forum

Engine Rebuild

brent

i I was working on the trans,,,I would not pull the caps off the rods. Yes the bearings have a grove that has to be in the right place to oil corectly. But don't think it would last 10 min wrong. Idling. Think it goes on the cap side. Non loaded.

Wish I was closer. Hell ship it.

Ill Ship the engine, give me a call 914-433-5800

It's late now that I see this, will call tomorrow

I run Elton's pan too with the swivel pickup but I don't have the stopping power of 2 car tires, so I am less worried.. I'm curious -- you say 6 quarts, when I put 4.5 into mine it comes up to the bottom of the clutch basket. How high does 6 go up the clutch for you??

Mid thigh!

I run Elton's pan too with the swivel pickup but I don't have the stopping power of 2 car tires, so I am less worried.. I'm curious -- you say 6 quarts, when I put 4.5 into mine it comes up to the bottom of the clutch basket. How high does 6 go up the clutch for you??

Well up the dipstick about another 2 inch, but when it is running, the accumulator holds a qt, so running, less than that. But Elton is the one that had me run so much. I was running that when I had the problems too. But no accumulator. I think the swinging pickup does a lot to cure the problem though. When I was trying to come up with a solution that was one of the common cures in racing. We talked about comming up with one for the bird. I guess he did. Are you running the billet 1" pan or the fabricated 1.5" one. In 03 all he had was the billet one and I could not use the oil cooling lines, had to plug them. I felt I needed them in the heat of the sand hills and decided to modify a stock pan so I could keep them. He went to the same after that. It was a pain to weld as it is porous aluminum in places. That was the problem with Nik's pan when he split it tightening the plug. I got it and repaired it. Very hard to keep it from seeping oil. Last time I talked to him he told me that he power coated his to prevent it from leaking. I did mine and it really helped.

Very nice guy, has been so helpful to me. Wish I had the money to get one of his turbo kits.

I still would suggest that you consider the aluminum baffle between the pan and case. Not hard to make and really good insurance keeping oil where it is supposed to be.

I am running less oil now that I am sure that it works, and street is much less a problem than diving off 100 foot hills.

Yes, I am running the billet 1" pan. I'm tempted to make a dry sump set up and just end the issues like the car guys do. Fact is, there is no need for such a heavy duty pan either, car guys use sheet metal..

We'll see though, I'll be putting her through some runs soon enough to find out if oiling is a problem still. I don't *think* it is, but it is one expensive problem to have so I am paranoid.

If the light comes on it's done.

The baffle is easy and cheap.

Have you seen his new one,,,he copyed me.. :icon_biggrin:

I really wanted a drysump, and looked at doing something for a long time.