CBR1100XX.org Forum

acceleration

SWAMPRATPARA

What do I install to get the bird to thrust acceleration from 0 like it does when I hit 5000 rpm's. I'm dropping a tooth on the front sprocket, will that do much?

I went to a 16/46 combo from a 17/44 and fuck me the difference is incredible, I can't seem to keep the front wheel down in 1st and 2nd now and can even get the front to lift in 3rd with my 300lb arse on it :icon_eek:

Seriously though I am thinking I may go back to a 17T front as it is just insane the way it is and runs out of revs too soon in 1st and 2nd whether the front wheel is down or not and the speedo is way out :icon_think:

I run one tooth smaller on the countershaft. It makes a big difference in acceleration. Your mileage will drop around 5% all other factors being the same... its worth it to me...but its a personal call.

• 2 weeks later...

5000 rpm?They don't come to life until 7000,or maybe my excitement level is higher than yours.

In all seriousness go down 1 tooth on the frt sprocket,it really won't do much for 0-5000 rpm but it just makes the bike so much more fun.

And if your still running the steel tankership exhaust get rid of that too.Each muffler weighs 13 lbs,my whole system weighs 9.Better than ttrying to take weight off yourself!