CBR1100XX.org Forum

Bike dimensions

cbrxxquad

I have seen a lot of changes to the bird that people have done.

I have come up with a way to get info that will cross and get some feedback on the handling.

It requires a standard mesurement system. Evlxx and I was trying to do some crosschecking on our bikes and came up with a place that should give a refrencing point to work off of.

I want to see if I can get some info from everybody. But, not everbody will be able to as you will see.

On the centerstand( eleminated a lot of people there) the distance from the front lip of the body to the ground.

How much distance from the rear tire to the ground.

So far,

zxxx 6.00 front

.5 rear

zxxx 6.00 front

0.0 rear (Mod to rotate zx shock out of the way of the coolant res.)

evlxx 6.5 front (forks dropped 20mm)

.5 rear (3mm shim)

lexxus 6.25 front(forks droped 25mm

0.25 rear (6mm shim)

Please add your info to this post even if it is the same. Also if I have yours wrong correct what I have on here. I would like to begin to see if all are the same or vari a little.

Also need stock mesurements.

If you need a board under the center stand to get mesurements. Hopefully we can get to a handling discussion with this info.

Assuming front lip means lower edge of the chin cowel, 6.5" front. Rear tire about .5 inch. The rear tire is a Pirelli Diablo with +- 8500 miles on it and at the wear bars. Bike is a stock '99. All suspension stock.

Just had a thought...

great would be to have 2 sets of numbers...

1st set, bike on the center stand.

2nd set, with rider off the center stand, in riding position.

Yes, just need 0 for the rear tire number :icon_twisted:

With the rider weight, going to need somebody to hold the bike and somebody to measure. Need a place, like the top of the rear bodywork faring..Whats ya think?

Farther away from the axle the more acurate it needs to be. I guess in front of the rear wheel, frame to ground. that would be good for the centerless guys too

• 2 years later...
  • 1 year later...
How about "measuring parties" at the various meats? That would insure plenty of people to help hold bikes for rider-on-board measurements.

I agree, loaded heights mean much more.

evlxx 6.5 front (forks dropped 20mm)

.5 rear (3mm shim)

That was before the " Project Upgrade"...

As of today...

with the 2008 ZX10R front forks and 2008 R1 rear shock with custom mounting brackets.

The Lower cowl is 5.875" off the ground

and the rear tire is around 0.250" or less off the ground.

posting your sag measurements would be a good way to correlate ride heights with the above numbers...

although I don't have mine recorded anywhere so... I would have to go out and remeasure them.