CBR1100XX.org Forum

red 1100xx plastic wanted

• 2 weeks later...
my son layed down my red bird. he is ok. that is the main thing. I AM LOOKING FOR RED UPPER LEFT MIRROR AND LEFT LOWER FAIRING.

I assume you already know this but if you end having to go thru retail channels, www.ronayers.com

This be a ME TOO, 'cept son didn't do it. Encounter with trailer sides after tow straps break. I too am looking for pcs/partz, 2001 red plastic. Did find the Kowloon, Hong Kong, earlier. Thinkin' maybe closer to home, however. So looking for left fairing, left mirror plastic, and nose. Tank got a dent. First stop and Honda part price for tank was @$1200 (1194.95). Ouch!

Guys....a few notes on this.

First, plastics can be repaired and repainted. And even if you are the type of person to replace with new whenever possible, please don't toss that old stuff. Many times someone else would be interested in repairing, or even if items are smashed to hell, pieces of it could be used to resurrect other plastic. Ears and edges of upper cowls are frequently used pieces. If there's no one in your area who repairs, Bob at Empiregp.com is the go-to guy. He can give you a phone quote if you send him a picture, and is a member here, even if he never stops by. I see him occasionally out in the twisties on weekends.

Second, the turn signal/mirror assembly is complicated, and has many pieces. A new assembly costs over $100, and can often be repaired inexpensively by buying the individual parts. The housing itself is not much more than $20, with factory paint. Again, others can use these parts. Please don't toss them.

Third, the quick dent removal kits and services can work well on small tank dents. Several forum members have used this method to pull out tank dents successfully without even needing touchup paint.

Guys....a few notes on this.

First, plastics can be repaired and repainted. And even if you are the type of person to replace with new whenever possible, please don't toss that old stuff. Many times someone else would be interested in repairing, or even if items are smashed to hell, pieces of it could be used to resurrect other plastic. Ears and edges of upper cowls are frequently used pieces. If there's no one in your area who repairs, Bob at Empiregp.com is the go-to guy. He can give you a phone quote if you send him a picture, and is a member here, even if he never stops by. I see him occasionally out in the twisties on weekends.

Second, the turn signal/mirror assembly is complicated, and has many pieces. A new assembly costs over $100, and can often be repaired inexpensively by buying the individual parts. The housing itself is not much more than $20, with factory paint. Again, others can use these parts. Please don't toss them.

Third, the quick dent removal kits and services can work well on small tank dents. Several forum members have used this method to pull out tank dents successfully without even needing touchup paint.

Thanks. Wasn't going to discard old, just wanted to replace. Damage at deep gouges and a crack..already drilled hole at end of crack. Mirror, yeah, maybe it's sand and touch-up, but thinking new. Then I would repair damaged stuff and when another track day or sumptin' came up...old refurbished placed back on.

Tank in my case, dent popped paint. Will talk to the lil dent guy re: but still hosed on paint/patch.

So far its: 1st prices re: Honda genuines, painted with decals...tank $1194.85, nose $586.65, left side/lower $483.93, left mirror (plastic surround only) $28, clutch cover @$115.

2nd, online, Kawloon, Hong Kong all the body plastic, entire bike, painted and decals at $499.

Third stop (guy made body parts for Hondas/from another bd.) not enough demand for Bird parts, so he couldn't help.

Body shop/one, not sure he could match paint. That'd be a big OH, OH for me right off.

Appreciate help...will look into this bd. member Bob. Again, thank you. Any and all help, really.

If nuthing else folks got a blow by blow account thus far.