CBR1100XX.org Forum

T-Rex Race Stands

I got the Handy stands as a present but wasn't really happy with them. Just didn't seem to work properly (so don't waste your money on them). I started to search and narrowed it down to Pit Bull or T-Rex. Pit Bull, while one of the best, are very proud of their product and the pricing reflects this. That, and for the number of times I would use them, I could not see paying that much for "wall" decorations.

I ordered the T-Rex Racing Stands as the pair with the triple tree adapter in chrome. I paid a bit more for the chrome as I hate it when powder coating/paint chips on stuff. I paid $171.90 for the stands, which come with one triple tree pin, and $8.00 for an additional pin for my other bike. The gold anodized or powder coated stands go for $146.90 plus shipping. I believe shippingis $25.00 as the box mine came in weighed 35 pounds. They bolted together easily and feel pretty substantial. Tubing is 1.5 inches in diameter (for the most part - see website and you'll see what I mean). The rears come so you can either use spools or the rubber coated universal "pegs". I used them the other day to change the tires and install new brake pads on the 929 (and detail areas you can't normally reach :icon_redface:) and could not be happier. I am definitely installing spools for that "secure" feeling (I searched the Garage for comments and Redbird made some that sold me on spools - Thanks Tim) but the front stand worked slick as shit and the rear did what it was supposed to do. It was just me being paranoid about the bike falling off the lift that made me secure the swingarm with c-clamps to prevent sliding :icon_redface: All in all, a good product and the people seem to care about customer service. If I ever need stands again (Present for my Brother, maybe) I will not hesitate to buy these.

post-35-1218323543.jpg

• 3 weeks later...