CBR1100XX.org Forum

PAIR mod/deletion

Alpha Crow

Yes, I'm back in TX again and to my beloved... the blackbird. Oh yeah, and my wife :icon_biggrin:

Going to do the PAIR deletion with the block offs I got from Red J... God knows how long ago. After research on this, I'm confused if I should do the simple deletion or if I should go for the mod version with the hoses to reduce crankcase pressure.

I only understand the basics, I'm not a smart cookie like some of you motorcycle homos :icon_twisted: After reading this post especially: http://www.cbr1100xx.org/forums/index.php?...=pair&st=20 , I've come to the conclusion that the mod with the tubing will reduce crankcase pressure, which is good (I vaguely understand why on a general principle). But its so minimal of a result that its not really worth doing?

What do you guys think? Will this help my engine lifespan over time to mod it? Or is it just for 1 more HP that I really don't need, so just delete the PAIR valve system (mostly for PC3 and upcoming dyno... and just for something to tinker with)