CBR1100XX.org Forum

'03 Bird - 5 miles on the speedo

Does have the appearance of a scam.

WTTW I ran across a site at one time where I seen people selling & buying used but active ebay accounts for ~$100+ with feedback the older the account the more it was worth.

I would think the starting price would be a liitle lower if a a scam

What they do is ask you to wire a deposit to prove you are serious, then you never hear from them again. They aren't interested in selling a bike, just keeping your deposit so the sell price doesn't matter.

Might not be a scam, but sure smells like it. Especially since they asked that buyers not use eBay's email system.

Notify eBay. I have in the past. We are our brothers keeper. eBay will pull it if it looks bad to them. (should I have capitalised eBay at the start of a sentence?) There is usually a button right on the listing.....

Also some eBay members leave their accounts unattended for too long and they get hijacked.

It would help the owner of that account to stay out of this trouble that some hijacker is starting.

:icon_cool:

After going and looking... Looks like it might be OK I'd still keep all communication going through eBay. I'd also wait to pay for it in person. What did he do wipe out once in the first five miles and scare himself sh*tless?

I see there are some replacement parts listed.