CBR1100XX.org Forum

Rat Birds? (No fairing or plastic)

runner

It seems there is a lot of potential left for a bird as a street-tracker, aka rat bike, etc. etc. when plastic is broken and a bare bones bike is desired.

How many of you run birds with no fairing, etc in a bare bones fashion?

Any problems to watch for? Do you have any pictures of a completed project bike?

It seems it could be an affordable project bike with enormous power and potential if put together in a sensible fashion....

Yeah thats what I thought too when I had my fairings off.

if I crash again (did I say if ???) When I crash again I

will probably try the street fighter look. :icon_twisted::icon_twisted::icon_twisted:

JDXX

The street fighter look is exactly what I was talking about. The birds I was thinking of were the 97 & 98 because of the FI potential problems. A neat idea. You would need to gear them down a bit to keep top speed around 150-155 because of the wind blast. They would then be absolute rockets.

It makes you think of the potential...

Guest cudgel

As for the FI 'Birds not running right without ram air, it's not a problem on my '00 naked. Actual weight full of fuel=525lbs. Faster than most rider's ability. ( I weigh 140 something )

The birds I was thinking of were the 97 & 98 because of the FI potential problems.

As for the FI 'Birds not running right without ram air, it's not a problem on my '00 naked. Actual weight full of fuel=525lbs. Faster than most rider's ability. ( I weigh 140 something )

I thought it was the 97-98's that had problems running without the plastics on? The FI's would be good as long as you don't block off the ram air ducts...

Discussed here: http://www.cbr1100xx.org/forums/index.php?...54513&st=20