CBR1100XX.org Forum

Any Roadsmart feedback yet?

Justin

Well, up for yet another pair of tires on the XX, was contemplating Dunlop roadsmarts this time, anyone here gone through a set yet? Or should I just stick with my Metzeler M3 front, Z6 rear combo as usual?

Well, up for yet another pair of tires on the XX, was contemplating Dunlop roadsmarts this time, anyone here gone through a set yet? Or should I just stick with my Metzeler M3 front, Z6 rear combo as usual?

I've used Roadsmart's on the previous Bird and was VERY happy with them, as you would be. Very quick turn-in and linear in curves. I didn't use them long though before selling the bike, but have seen reports and heard from friends that they last well to. They are a top tyres, as the Michelin PR2, but have more dry grip and are more stable. PR2 has better wet grip and is supposed to last a bit longer.

Sorry I'm late. I got in about midnight from Colorado last night and I'm barely awake.

I put a new Roadsmart rear on just before this trip with a front Qualifier that had about 2500 miles. Handling seemed pretty good except for one thing. If you let go of the bars at about 50 MPH (decelerating), she started to wobble slowly and if you don't grab the bars within a couple of seconds, you'll be in a full tank-slapper. It wouldn't happen at any other speed or even riding one-handed. I'm guessing a lot of factors are involved here. I had on my Givi hard bags and Tourmaster tail trunk all loaded good. I'll find out tommorow if taking them off helps. I'm sure a new front tire would cure the problem.

As for wear: After 1100 miles, the missing tire titties is the only way you can tell that the tire has been used. :icon_dance:

Grip was also excellent. I tried to spin it once on some slightly wet pavement by popping the clutch and just bogged the motor. I was probably at 8000 feet when I tried this. (i.e. no power) :icon_rolleyes:

I'll make another report when I can actually detect some wear. Could be awhile. I may do a track day with it just to see how much grip it has.

Later.

I've sold Roadsmarts to about 50 BB-riders now. Without any exception, they all love them!

I've used them on the street and on the track for 8 months now, and I really love them. In my opinion the best S/T tyre on the market for the heavier bikes.

Roadsmart follow-up:

Rode into work this morning with all the luggage removed and could only make it wobble a little bit. I think a new front tire would cure this problem entirely.

Roadsmart follow-up:

Rode into work this morning with all the luggage removed and could only make it wobble a little bit. I think a new front tire would cure this problem entirely.

I had the same problem with running a Qualifier up front and it cupped after about 1000 miles to the point of being useless.

Roadsmart follow-up:

I had the same problem with running a Qualifier up front and it cupped after about 1000 miles to the point of being useless.

The qualifier stinks... I'll just go Roadsmart front and back

Roadsmart follow-up:

After 3500 miles, mine is cupped a little, but I wouldn't call it useless. I run 38-40 psi in it which seems to lessen the cupping.