CBR1100XX.org Forum

Vacum pipes

traffic273

Hi

Can anyone help. I have a 2000 injected XX in the UK. After refitting the petrol tank following plugs and air filter change, I noticed there appeared to be two vacum pipes hanging in mid air near to the fuel pump. They appeared to be dirty (as if not fitted before) and they are the same size as the injector vacum pipes (smaller than the tank breath pipe). The bird runs fine however since I have had it (6000 miles 25000 on the clock) I get a strong smell of unburned fuel from the exhaust pipes after a long ride and the fat wife is starting to nag. I would thank any responses.

Steptoe.

Hi

Can anyone help. I have a 2000 injected XX in the UK. After refitting the petrol tank following plugs and air filter change, I noticed there appeared to be two vacum pipes hanging in mid air near to the fuel pump. They appeared to be dirty (as if not fitted before) and they are the same size as the injector vacum pipes (smaller than the tank breath pipe). The bird runs fine however since I have had it (6000 miles 25000 on the clock) I get a strong smell of unburned fuel from the exhaust pipes after a long ride and the fat wife is starting to nag. I would thank any responses.

Steptoe.

both vents, ok stuck down the back of the motor between the swing arm and case. But the small one should go to some lines that weave back and forth before venting.

Gas smell, check the oil for gas smell, sounds like the fuell pressure regulator is going out, to much ethanol..

Thanx for the response.

Regarding the pipes, the thin breath hose that fits to the bottom of the tank then splits into two via a connecting plastic pipe(these are the unidentified pipes). Are you saying they are just breather hoses? Also would the fuel regulator fault cause the mufflers to smell of unburned fuel? If this is the case, would the part be exxpensive and do you know how big a job it it to change?

Sorry for all the questions.

Thanx for the response.

Regarding the pipes, the thin breath hose that fits to the bottom of the tank then splits into two via a connecting plastic pipe(these are the unidentified pipes). Are you saying they are just breather hoses? Also would the fuel regulator fault cause the mufflers to smell of unburned fuel? If this is the case, would the part be exxpensive and do you know how big a job it it to change?

Sorry for all the questions.

Yes, they are 1) overflow from filling the tank too much and getting some into the area around the filler cap. Think that is the big one that is short.

and 2) the little thin one that goes to the tee around the body mount tab across to the other side etc. That is a vent for the tank so when gas goes out it does not create a vacumn.

The frp is on the right side of the fuel rail, and is held on by a big flare nut, has two lines one from the tank and a vacumn line. If you remove the tank line all the gas from the tank will drain, so have a gas tank to drain it into. Once it is all out, you can femove the line from the other side of the rail which is a banjo fitting with two crush washers, then remove the electricals, one is the fuel guage and the other is a power to the pump in the tank.

If you go with the factory one it is 30+- but the turbo tom one is 130.00 and is calibrated and make a lot of difference to the excess fuel problem that the bike has.

RXX. You would not believe what a pain in the ass my wife is. she also has a bigger beard than me, and more spare tyres than Bridgestone. Anyway. Thanx to everyone for the overflow pipe problem, however I do have another. I did the FI light fix the solder one and all went well however, the code is still showing "25" Knock sensor, after a short ride when the side stand is puit down. I am also getting a big unburned fuel smell from the right muffler more than the left. Would the problem be related to the knock sensor and or the fuel pressure regulator?

Regards