CBR1100XX.org Forum

pictures of VFR bars & cable routing pls?

JuXXtin

Having a very tight fit on getting the throttles cables and front brake level to mesh nicely together.

Is there a trick here? Maybe my metals tubes on the upper part of the t-cables are bent from stock.

Gotta any up close pics fellas... umm, and gurls...

Thks :icon_biggrin:

Ok, nevermind, found it... y'all are cutting the brake line stopper tab off. That should do it. :icon_evilgrin:

I had the same problem. 30 seconds with a dremel tool and it was good to go.

Or 14" cutoff wheel... :D

In the end though, looks like you would only need to cut half of the tab if you wanted to keep a little bit there for the original stopping purpose.

It gave me an excuse to buy a Dremel tool. I think on the clutch line you can remove it from the frame clamp near the headstock and bend it up slightly. I haven't done it yet, but mine is too tight. (IMO)

I haven't check the left bar for any kinks, but it seems ok from my memory at the moment. The bars were installed already but the right was installed incorrectly so I was fixing that. I think I'll double check the clutch side now too.

I shoulda added a :icon_evilgrin: to the end of my post.... as my bar set up is actually on a '99 VFR.

Sorry guys!

It sounds like JuXXtin has his set up now... and I know he has a camera!

Hey JuXXtin! Get cracking with that camera!! :icon_biggrin:

I just had to grind that tab off of Jackie's 2001XX this weekend. For some reason I didn't have the clearance problem on my '97 XX when I installed the VFR bars.

I love my dremmel tool!! :icon_biggrin:

Thanks for the photos...now I think I get it !

You're welcome.

I just had to grind that tab off of Jackie's 2001XX this weekend. For some reason I didn't have the clearance problem on my '97 XX when I installed the VFR bars.

Hey Tom,

It was your recent VFR thread that I found this answer to when searching lol...! :icon_dance:

Thanks for the photos...now I think I get it !

You're welcome.

Hey Tom,

It was your recent VFR thread that I found this answer to when searching lol...! :icon_dance:

yeah, that thread had the answer, I just hadn't gotten around to cutting it till this weekend. :icon_biggrin: