CBR1100XX.org Forum

My Engine

RustyCBR1100XX

Hello

I got an 02 xx with 13k miles. I parked it for over 2 years (foot got hurt @ work). I did not prep the bike before i put it away. But i started 2-3 times during that time.

Last week, I got a new battery and started her up. Waited untill she warmed up i raved her up a few times. Then i got her a bottle of fuel injection cleaner and 2 gallons of fresh gas. She was fine this time. I took her on free way then i felt she lost power. I thought the fuel injection cleaner was too strong for 6 gal tank , so i filled her up.

She ran baddly but i rode her home (15miles). I lifted the tank up and found cyl 2 and 3 are not running. took the spark plugs out found full of fuel on 2 and 3. got strong sparks through coil 2-3. Took the injector rail off and cranked her up. all injector sprayed good spray pattens. Tryed to swapped 3 and 4 injectors but still not 2 and 3 still not firing.

I wonder if i damage the mechanical part of the engine. since i over raved the engine?, or rode her with full of fuel in cyl walls? . What should i do next? .

Thanks

ps: the bike pulled over 95 m/h with 2 cyls running :icon_evilgrin:

As bad as what you did was, the only mechanical damage would be to the rings and cylinder walls. It's not like the non-running cylinders were full of fuel and hydrolocked, they were still pumping fuel and air.

I am suprised you didn't screw up the exhaust with all that unburnt fuel running though it!

Do a compression test and a leak-down test. That will tell you when the next step is.

Do a Fpr check to determine if it is good and not leaking into the vacumn line. I find this is common to kill the 23 cylinders due to the configurement of the vacumn lines.

Search FRP or fuel pressure regulator in here.

Sounds like sticky valves, run some 2-stroke oil in the gas about 45:1 ratio, but dont run a full tank just about 1/4 tank,.f they are stuck this should free them, let it run at idle if possible then let it set overnight.

When parked those cylinders 2&3 were probably on the exhaust stroke & left the intake valves open.

Thanks CxBXR, T REXX14, cbrzxxx for helping . I found the problem

First I took the radiator, oil cooler off. Then I removed the valve cover to check if the valves got stuck. All buckets moved up and down.

Then I rechecked the compressure. After 5 stroke they all came to 150PSI 9th stroke they came up to 170PSI.

WTF I wondered. (I have the leakdown tester but no adaptor for the new compressure). So I started looking at all vacuum hoses as cbrzxxx recommended. The fuel pressure regulator vacuum line is connected to ONLY 2 cyl 2 + 3 not like cars to the intake manifold ! :icon_rolleyes: Without thinking I removed the vacuum line @ fuel p/r . A F.. drop of f..ing fuel dropped out. Without hessitating I sucked in the pressure regulator. THat taste of gas makes my day!!!! :icon_twisted:

So the fuel cleaner destroyed the fuel pressure regulator !!!

Thanks guys :icon_biggrin: :icon_clap: :icon_clap: :icon_clap:

So the fuel cleaner destroyed the fuel pressure regulator !!!

Thanks guys :icon_biggrin: :icon_clap: :icon_clap: :icon_clap:

Actually, the ethenol in the fuel that was sitting in there over the last couple of years made the diaphram in the pressure regulator brittle, as did it not moving regularly in a couple years. Those combined things caused it to die once it started moving back and forth again.

Mike