CBR1100XX.org Forum

FS: 1997 cbr1100xx 20k miles

Damn, gotta sell my love. My old lady can't help but punish me every time I go for a ride without her, so I am unfortunately getting rid of the bird. There is very little wrong with this bike. The worst is I dropped it warming up last winter. It is pretty much stock except for a set of VFR bars, a touring windscreen and peg lowering brackets. I have a spreadsheet of all parts purchased and all maintenance done. post-3948-1215653836.jpg

Maintenance.xls

I can't go lower than about 3,800 for my girl, so don't bother me with offers of less. I hate to do this, but I am so fucking tired of the guilt trips at home. The bike is located in Elizabethton, TN. It has a clean title and no hidden issues. I am straight up, so if you got questions, I'll try and answer. Fuck I hate this crap. :icon_wall:

You need a new woman. They can be got cheaper than you are selling the bike for.... :icon_twisted:

Don't think that didn't cross my mind, but after 8yrs, I got a shit ton invested in her. Besides, where you finding cheap women that are worth a damn? Seems like the cheap ones end up costing more in the end!

Thanks Brett, we own 2 1/2 of them. I am probably selling one of those too. :icon_confused:

Don't do Dude! I had been without a bike for a couple of years when my wife and I were still engaged. I told her I was going to buy one and she tried to tell me no. I looked her straight in the eye and asked when did I ever give her the impression she could control me? She had a look of disbelief on her face but said nothing. Yes things were chilly for a while, and there have been a few momemnts since we got married, but keeping your passions that make you happy (and your testicles) is worth it. If she does not understand and keeps giving you greif then you really should think things through. What else is she trying to manipulate? In the end you may decide its worth it to give up the bike but you will regret it. Good luck!!

Shane,

I got rid of tw Bikes to please my fiance. Ther was a step-son involved and she did not want him riding a "motorcycle".

I understand her fear so got rid of all my Bike stuff and married her. 8 years later I traded her for a CBR1000F !! I have since owned three bikes including the Bird and it was the best trade i even made.

Consider what TPXX said.

John

Don't do Dude! I had been without a bike for a couple of years when my wife and I were still engaged. I told her I was going to buy one and she tried to tell me no. I looked her straight in the eye and asked when did I ever give her the impression she could control me? She had a look of disbelief on her face but said nothing. Yes things were chilly for a while, and there have been a few moments since we got married, but keeping your passions that make you happy (and your testicles) is worth it. If she does not understand and keeps giving you greif then you really should think things through. What else is she trying to manipulate? In the end you may decide its worth it to give up the bike but you will regret it. Good luck!!

+1

I told my wife when we met that if she didn't like riding she would be very lonely in the summer.

I also warned her if it was ever a choice between me owning a bike or having her, she would be going.

I have seen to many guys give up a passion like riding to please some woman. The problem with that is they are never happy, so regardless of the things you give up they want you to give up more.

Stand your ground young man!!!!

Damn, gotta sell my love. My old lady can't help but punish me every time I go for a ride without her, so I am unfortunately getting rid of the bird.

Seriously, if she is forcing you to give up something you love to do. If she doesn't want to participate that is her choice, but I would not give up a ride for a nagging wife. Let her know you would like to have her ride along, and if she doesn't she can be supportive or at least silent about something you enjoy and makes you a better man at home.

Damn, gotta sell my love. My old lady can't help but punish me every time I go for a ride without her, so I am unfortunately getting rid of the bird.

Seriously, if she is forcing you to give up something you love to do. If she doesn't want to participate that is her choice, but I would not give up a ride for a nagging wife. Let her know you would like to have her ride along, and if she doesn't she can be supportive or at least silent about something you enjoy and makes you a better man at home.

+1 Thanks everyone for the support. We (old lady and I) had a little sit down, and I managed to keep the bike, so long as a get an "oldwing" next. I love my bird, and my attitude has been so shitty, I guess she has finally realized how much I really enjoy the bike. Must be lees enjoyable on the back seat? So, false alarm. thansa again, the bird is now NOT up for adoption/sale. Now if I can get Nexxt plans to get going in the household. :icon_twisted:

I couldn't IMAGINE having my wife or g/f expressing to me to sell my bikes. My g/f doesn't ride or has very little interest on being on the bike and I personally don't like taking passengers...if I had a girl who LOVED to be on the back.....sure I'd take her.

Luckily I ride to work 5 days a week (35 mi round trip) all year round. But I still like a 2 hour ride on the weekends here and there and the g/f is more than happy to oblige. Now if I was an all day type rider that would cause a problem between us. But luckily I'm not.