CBR1100XX.org Forum

Gauge Lights Blown Out

runner

Saddling up to come home last night... I fired up the 98 bird and immediately noticed both the Eng temp gauge light & Gas level light were gone out.

Fun discovery at 10pm for a 50 mile commute.

Anyways, is it logical these would both go at once?

Is there a common ground or maybe a fuse that could be the problem?

Any suggestions on the diagnosis or replacement?

thanks

IIRC, they share a common fuse 10a under the seat, If you got the bike wet recently, could have caused this.

Actually, I believe they share a common bulb. As Stan says, replace them all when in there. There are only 4 in there.

I think Will posted once that you can buy LED replacements for those of you with bulbs.

LED replacements

I saved the link ( I think it was this site). Then I realized that the 01 came with LED's. :icon_surprised:

I originally replaced mine with a single LED bulb. It was brighter than stock, but wanted it a little brighter. Now I've got the 4LED cluster and looks great. Gives the dash a bluish glow instead of the tired old yellow tinge.

I think Will posted once that you can buy LED replacements for those of you with bulbs.

LED replacements

I saved the link ( I think it was this site). Then I realized that the 01 came with LED's. :icon_surprised:

I originally replaced mine with a single LED bulb. It was brighter than stock, but wanted it a little brighter. Now I've got the 4LED cluster and looks great. Gives the dash a bluish glow instead of the tired old yellow tinge.

Vern showed me his dash in Red Bluff. Looks real cool!!

I may do this also.

Cal