CBR1100XX.org Forum

2003 Blackbird in Northern OK!!

I forgot about that place. They always have pretty good deals on stuff. Its about 45 mins north of here if anyone needs me to go take a look at it.

About how far is this dealership from the nearest major airport that Southwest services? That's about the only thing holding me back from calling them in the morning and putting a deposit down!!

Southwest flies into Tulsa, which is about 45 miles south of Bartlesville. I've found that in the western states, there's often shuttle services to outlying communities, or the dealership may even make arrangements to pick you up.

No shuttle that I am aware of. Talking to the dealership would be a good bet.

I just got off the phone with them and they told me that a taxi ride would be very cheap. In my mind and experience, too cheap. What's the old saying, if it's to good to be true then it probably is? My experience with Taxis over a much shorter distance doesn't lend itself to the number they told me.

If anyone in Tulsa would be willing to give a traveler a ride from the Airport to this dealership I could offer maybe $50 to help cover fuel? I think that is fair, let me know. I'd like to fly in on the 18th or 19th in the morning.

Holler at me when you get things more finalized. As I mentioned via PM I will probably be able to help. I have a wedding to go to the 19th...and I would just HATE to miss it. :icon_rolleyes:

Otherwise if its the 18th I can probably help but I'll have to make sure nothing is going on with work. I'm sure we can get ya there one way or another.

I think you will like a throttle lock...look at the NEP Throttle Lock. Ask the Dealership to install one for you and buy a can of Honda Chain Lube and you are set. I hope you have the deposit down, I wouldn't think this Bird would last long.

http://www.ridenow.com/product/detail/NEPlocks.aspx

I hope you get it!! Enjoy the ride!!

• 3 weeks later...

that's where I bought my XX 10 years ago.

I fookin drive there myself dude!

PM sent with Contact info

I just got off the phone with them and they told me that a taxi ride would be very cheap. In my mind and experience, too cheap. What's the old saying, if it's to good to be true then it probably is? My experience with Taxis over a much shorter distance doesn't lend itself to the number they told me.