CBR1100XX.org Forum

PC III Opinions

TJ1137

Seems like a lot of guys here share the same needs/wants from their BB's. I have a 99 with Scorp slip-ons, and will be adding a K&N. Do you think I would benefit from a PC III? If so, do their maps work well, or should I find a shop that will dyno out a custom map?

You have to have the power commander or some other brand of computer go between to change the mapping of the motorcycle. When manufacturers build bikes they dyno map one bike and use that same map for EVERY bike they produce. So, even with no exhaust system changes EVERY bike (well, except fore the first one because that's the one that is properly mapped) should be dyno tuned for optimum performance.

Performance: best H.P., best torque, which translates into best fuel economy and engine longevity.

Changing the exhaust system you have changed the flow dynamic of the combustion process... Yes, you need the bike custom mapped.

Gee whiz Tim.. you make life seem so simple and easy...

Looks like around $300 bucks no matter which way you slice it. eh?

I once purchased a pcIII that was from a cbr954 (2002) I figured since they were so close the the manufacturing date & both had PGM-FI that it would work.............. Wrong the plug on the injectors was all kinds of wrong, not even close. dont waste your money like I did & purchase one BB specific.

Most of the PCIII I find are for the Euro model only. What's the diff?

Here is a USA model LINKY

really?

FEATURES

Euro Models ONLYDownload custom maps or fine tune fuel / air up to + / - 100 from stockEasily install to the bikes stock wiring harness, no splicingNot legal for road use in all states / countries, ask about EX modelCheck out powerCommander.com for maps and more info

I also have a 99 with scropion slip-ons. I had a custom map made for it. I ended up with 146hp at the rear wheel. The custom map really made a big difference, real smooth now. If you need a map mine should work real well for you.

I talked this over at an honest bike speed shop. I had them dyno the bike first.

They said the stock map was great with a K&N and drilled cans. My bike had more power than 3 other birds in their database.

The also said most maps dump in more fuel which does not help and wastes $$$. Bikes often run better with the PCIII out.

I would say dyno first and make sure you have an actual problem you need to fix.

The also said most maps dump in more fuel which does not help and wastes $$$. Bikes often run better with the PCIII out.

Not true, most of powercommander maps for the XX are actually taking fuel out of the map not adding it, If you just wanted to add fuel why not get a $115< TFI unit