CBR1100XX.org Forum

low beam high beam

blackbd1

headlight fluid??

Ahh yes. Lower viscosity headlight fluid works better in low light situations - kind of like ISO on a camera. I don't know why all these guys are getting HIDs when they could just use lower viscosity headlight fluid.

Be careful though - the negative viscosity fluids will burn out the headlamp quicker.

:icon_rolleyes: Is the low one high or is the high one low? Maybe we need to ask someone experienced...Hooplehead? :icon_twisted: ...NBL

I'm still on the fence on this one....not sure which configuration I like best from the light cast of my HID's. I'd never really considered it until Airborne said something about it in WV the other weekend. I swapped them from the HB in top position but haven't had a chance to ride at night and really evaluate it yet. I do notice that the LB top casts a W I D E beam, but the HB seems to shoot out low and the hotspot seems closer than the LB. HID's make this a harder job to evaluate since there is just sooooooo much more light there than OEM bulbs.

one thing I ran into was that the bulb was not held tightly to the base. I had to machine some rings to hold it correctly and be in the right place.

one thing I ran into was that the bulb was not held tightly to the base. I had to machine some rings to hold it correctly and be in the right place.

I just got some big rubber washers from a plumbing place ~5mm thick :icon_biggrin:

I found that the arc is further from the base plate than the filament in an H7 globe, so I put about 4mm spacer on the front of the HID globe base plate to bring it back into line. The illumination is just as good as before the plate went in, but doesn't get defocused by the light coming from the wrong place now.

I found that the arc is further from the base plate than the filament in an H7 globe, so I put about 4mm spacer on the front of the HID globe base plate to bring it back into line. The illumination is just as good as before the plate went in, but doesn't get defocused by the light coming from the wrong place now.

verrry interesting,,,hummmm, new farkel???

I just got some big rubber washers from a plumbing place ~5mm thick :icon_biggrin:

tried that, but would not stay straight, well were not straight when I pulled all that shit off to find out what the f was off, and I tend to fix shit permantily when I do find something I don't like the way it works.

Ya I am that way.

A piece of old 7mm or 8mm spark plug wire made into an o-ring makes the perfect spacer.