CBR1100XX.org Forum

94k Mile maintenance

Mikey

So it only took 94k miles but I finally had 3 tight valves. They weren't out of spec, but just tight enough to be worth doing. The spark plugs were changed at 30k and they still were clean working well. Not worth 100 bucks for new ones.

Did a compression check. 170 for 1,2 and 4. 160 for #3.

Over all. Not bad for 94k miles. Dino oil all the way.

Not worth 100 bucks for new ones.

What?? NGK IMR9A-9H (Iridium) $11.00/each at my local auto parts store. And that's USD, which is like $2.00 CND.

Your price must include installation.

I'll have to keep an eye out for the plugs. It was the dealer price and you know how they like to triple that. And ya, it was installed.

Either way, it's working fine with the current plugs.

So it only took 94k miles but I finally had 3 tight valves. They weren't out of spec, but just tight enough to be worth doing. The spark plugs were changed at 30k and they still were clean working well. Not worth 100 bucks for new ones.

Very cool, Mike! What's the compression supposed to be?

Me too I have a 97XX with 44k miles. What have you replaced so far?

Nothing went wrong on mine. I upgraded the CCT, replaced the stock R/R with a R1 R/R and that was it (beside plugs/chain/sprockets/tires of course).

Very cool, Mike! What's the compression supposed to be?

Me too I have a 97XX with 44k miles. What have you replaced so far?

Nothing went wrong on mine. I upgraded the CCT, replaced the stock R/R with a R1 R/R and that was it (beside plugs/chain/sprockets/tires of course).

185 is what it's suppose to be. So I'm happy with the mileage it's at. I've done the same as you, CCT's (several unfortunately) and replaced the R/R with one that Louie recommended (he's on this board). Apparently they aren't recommending this particular one anymore, but it's still working great for me. Offering 13.8v at idle (so it charges while idling).