CBR1100XX.org Forum

Sportbike Track Gear

I just bought a set of Michelin Pilot Power 2CT's from these guys. I ordered them on Monday and the tires were on my porch on Wednesday. Sportbike Track Gear was $13 cheaper than Southwest Moto Tires and the service was just as good. I didn't find the Michelins as cheap anywhere else.

I give Sportbike Track Gear a "Thumbs Up" and will probably use them again.

I go through 6 or 7 sets of tires in a year, counting my street bike, my track bike, and Peggy's street/track bike and STG is the lowest price of anywhere that I have found. Excellent customer service and quick shipping too. I give them an A+ and will continue to use them for my tire needs. It doesn't hurt that I've got a NoMar to mount the tires either.

I love my No-Mar too. Buying tires on the internet and mounting them at home is the only way to go.

• 3 months later...

Here's a contrary viewpoint.

Sportbike Track Gear? Feh! Brrrrap! On 26 August, I ordered a pair of Pilot Road 2s via their website. A couple of days later, I checked the order on the website and its status was "shipped". Great! Since Labor Day would hold things up, I expected the tires on Thursday, 4 September.

But Thursday rolled around, and--no tires. I called my wife from NeXXT Friday night. No tires. Nor did they arrive on Monday. I called STG late that day , and was told "we expect the truck Tuesday or Wednesday. and we'll ship your tires out right away." I asked the obvious question. "Why does the order status say 'shipped' if you haven't sent anything ?" The response? "'Shipped' doesn't mean 'shipped'. It means 'processed'." Oh. Of course. How silly of me not to have realized.

Which brings us to this aftenroon. I'm still, uh, tireless, so I called STG again. This time, the weasel who answered the 'phone (I believe it was the same weasel who misled me last week) went away for two or three minutes, then returned to inform me that "the front tire is on backorder until the 26th." When I asked why he didn't tell me that last week, it grew quite quiet.

Another thing: STG dinged my Visa card for the $305 cost of the tires on 30 August--despite the fact that they had no intention of shipping anything for quite some time. So forget about a thumbs up. It's another digit entirely.

LOL - You've got patience and thanks for the write up. I would have cancelled my order and taken my business somewhere else! It's amazing how two different people can have such 180 degree differnet experience and there is still no reason for there poor service in my opinion! No fucking honesty on their part!