CBR1100XX.org Forum

Single-sided swingarm

TexasDawg

Well, I've finally managed to get it done(pretty much-a few things left) and went for a ride today for about 40 miles and nothing fell off and nothing went wrong. I'm glad it's done. Been a fun project. Have some more pics of the build up to here from last entry if anyone wants to see,,,

post-2908-1211571121.jpg

post-2908-1211571160.jpg

post-2908-1211571178.jpg

post-2908-1211571196.jpg

Lets talk some about the Single Sided High Pipe........ been looking for years.

Your bike was super nice to start with....... now you just make me sick!!! :icon_twisted:

Too bad the factory didn't produce a bike like that with adjustable suspension and single sided swing arm with high mount exhaust, all my favs! Looks nice, how much for the kit? Can I buy?

Thanks for the compliments. The swingarm has a 112 link chain on it and a 113 link chain probabley would have been better. That would make it it about an inch and a half or so longer wheelbase, best guess. I adjusted the swingarm linkage ratio alittle bit between the swingarm and the shock and it sits about like it did with the 6mm shim, without the shim. It rides nice and firm, but follows the road well. The hi-mount pipe is via a bracket I made for the can I already had and had the mid-pipe made at a muffler shop here local. The same shop made the mid-pipes for the dual exhaust I put on my ST1300. I got some car mufflers off ebay and had the midpipes made. I got about $150 in my duals for the ST1300 and a year and a half later they still look new. post-2908-1211585876.jpg

If I had it to do again, I'd use a later model swingarm and the machine work would be cut down and it wouldn't take as long. I have about 16 or 20 hours machine time in the linkage, but I have a small manual mill. Jay the hi-mount exhaust may not be much of a problem, but I would have to see how much it would stick out. The muffler shop I use is over in Deerpark and he is usually up for anything. I used regular car muffler pipe and painted it with hi-temp paint. If I could only weld S.S. I would have made it out of that. I took the bike off the road the first of April and it's back on the road late May. Thats about seven weeks or so and I work 4on/4off shift, so cut that in half time-wise and there were a few days off nights and feeling lazy days. So I got about a 100 or so hours of work in it. The next one would only take about 3/4's that,,, but I don't think I'll do this again. I think I just ride this one for awhile,,,

Before:post-2908-1211587046.jpg

After:post-2908-1211587100.jpg