CBR1100XX.org Forum

Power Commander Custom Map

SC350

My most expensive shipment arrived today...

1. Acrapovic Slip-on mufflers

2. Power Commander III USB

3. K&N air filter

I installed everything, used the M113-002 - Erion Racing slip-ons and stock or aftermarket air filter map per tech support at Power Commander

Called a local Tuning Center to ask about getting a custom map done for several reasons

1. too-rich = poor fuel mileage

2. too-lean = burnt valves

He said it takes about 6 1/2 hours, and he charges $325; does this sound reasonable or am I getting ripped off?

3. K&N air filter

I installed everything, used the M113-002 - Erion Racing slip-ons and stock or aftermarket air filter map per tech support at Power Commander

Called a local Tuning Center to ask about getting a custom map done for several reasons

He said it takes about 6 1/2 hours, and he charges $325; does this sound reasonable or am I getting ripped off?

Price sounds right. Not sure why he mentioned the time as it doesn't take anywhere near that long. But that maybe how many hours you were going to be charged.

3. K&N air filter

Price sounds right. Not sure why he mentioned the time as it doesn't take anywhere near that long. But that maybe how many hours you were going to be charged.

a good custom map can take up to 5 hours depending on how many points the dyno operator works on in the throttle openings my map for my 99 bird took 4 and 1/2 hours and my 05 took 4 and 1/4 hours and was mapped for every 250 rpms up the scale and it was totally a different bike afterwards

it pays to have a rear tyre that is not new as it takes quite a few runs to get it right and may square the tyre off prematurely

the later dyno jet dyno's have a computer helping to get the map done and also use a variable load cell as well they are far removed from the free run dyno's that dyno jet used to do

if done properly your air fuel ratio should be spot on all through the rev range and your fuel economy will change as it is a performance mod that you are doing

i paid $560 NZ dollars for the 99 and $540 AUSSIE for the 05 custom map and i watched the 05 map being made it was quite an experience to watch and to see 154 rwhp unfold with a totally linear power curve with no dips

many operators will just change a few points in an existing map from the data base but get them to build you a custom map from scratch the difference is chalk and cheese as no two bikes are the same and no two will react to the same mods in the same way

dyno jet fly people from all over the world to the states to learn to use their gear properly and the course to learn to build a custom map is over a week long with a practical test on a dyno with a bike with no map and you have to build one from scratch and get within a certain percent of the improvement that the in house technician got

i have a mate in sydney that has just done this course in the last year sponsored by his employer

Getting a custom map done on my Busa next week, by a very reputable shop in Kansas City, and they charge $250.

I like the Busa, but after riding it, makes you appreciate the more refined Blackbird's fuel injection.

Price sounds right, 6-1/2 hours does not.

As somebody stated already the newer dyno jet has software built in that programs the pc3 without operator assistance, calculates the proper setting's & applies them to the pc3 without all the usual BS.

Price sounds right, 6-1/2 hours does not.

As somebody stated already the newer dyno jet has software built in that programs the pc3 without operator assistance, calculates the proper setting's & applies them to the pc3 without all the usual BS.

+1 here from the very other side of Atlantic.

New dynojets are doing the job almost automatically.

I can e-mail you my map, originally made by the operator but checked next year when the new utilities were available.

It is for a K&N filter-o2 elimionator with Termignoni open slip ons (shouldn't be very different than Akrapovic).

If they do have a new dyno jet and a operator that knows what he is doing it doesn't take long at all. I found someone that was quite good and had him tune my map so that less than 10% TS and under 5000RPM is economy. Anything above 10% TPS or above 5000RPM it is configured for best power.

I've got a 03 with 2Bros Slip on's, pair removed, and K&N if anyone wants to try the map PM me. I'll gladly send it to ya.

The custom mapping is done.... and holy crap. When I'm quick on the throttle the rear starts going sideways.

Is your Bird shaft driven :icon_whistle:

If they do have a new dyno jet and a operator that knows what he is doing it doesn't take long at all. I found someone that was quite good and had him tune my map so that less than 10% TS and under 5000RPM is economy. Anything above 10% TPS or above 5000RPM it is configured for best power.

I've got a 03 with 2Bros Slip on's, pair removed, and K&N if anyone wants to try the map PM me. I'll gladly send it to ya.

I have the same setup. 2003, K&N, Pair removed with 2 Bros CF Slipons. I would like to campare your map to the one I had done and see how close they are. The guy that did my custom map really took the time to make sure it was done right. It would be intersting to see how close they are.

Mike